Software
Houzz Logo Print
nursecmt

Board and Batton wall

8 years ago

Going to put board and Batton on this wall. Suggestions for furniture to go on the wall under tv. ive added puctures of the rest of the room too. suggestions for room paint color and anything else also appreciated. I will replace couch eventually and I have a new light for over the kitchen table. Don’t mind the mess/clutter. Have a lot of projects going on right now so things are everywhere Right now.








New light.



Wall

Comments (8)

  • 8 years ago

    Your rooms are quite lovely but board and baton seems out of character with your existing decor, to me. I would actually just centre the console under the TV, change the mirror over the sofa to artwork, and possibly add a rug under your dining table/change your drapes to a grey fabric (although the current look is very nice too, I just feel that a rug and grey drapes would be more grounding). When you replace your fixture, I assume you’ll centre it over your table. As an aside, your greenery is very striking on the neutral palette. You might consider picking up that colour in your pillows, throws and decor.

  • 8 years ago
    Sorry for the spelling error, I didn’t even notice. The shiplap room is a separate room.
  • 8 years ago
    The light will be centered. It drives me nuts the one now isn’t. I’m not sure why the builder put it so close to the window, no table would ever be centered under it. I hadn’t thought about a rug under the table cause I love my floors but I will look. Any color/style suggestion? I had grey drapes but just changed them because I was thinking of painting the walls grey. The couch and pillows will be changed eventually. I have a lot of plants that I’ve just acquired over the years from family members and have them stuck anywhere right now but not necessarily permanent spots. I centered the console under the tv and it looks much better. Not sure why I hadn’t already done that but the black is throwing me off or do you think it looks okay. I can always paint it. I love the board and batten, a friend just did some in her home and I thought it looked nice on her tv wall but you guys are the experts so I will reconsider. Thanks!!
  • 8 years ago
    Any artwork suggestions? I tried a few things before the mirror but didn’t fall in love with anything. I’m certainly not set on the mirror. Just already had it sitting in a closet.
  • 8 years ago

    Totally understandable! I have a few “place holders” on display as well. I like art that really moves me so just keep an eye out for something that strikes you and replace the mirror when you find it. Regarding the board and batten ;), I’m certainly not an expert but your room looks very elegant and b&b reads more casual to me. I don’t dislike the black console because it repeats your countertop colour, but if you find it too dark, you could paint it charcoal to lighten it a bit. As I said, the drapes look quite nice, so you could consider either a rug under the table or darker drapes, just to anchor the area. Perhaps more colourful table decor woukd work instead. My only concern about a rug is that to “read” the right size for your table, it would have to cover some of the traffic area, which may not look right. You’ve done a very nice job decorating. A few more pops of colour will really go a long way.

  • 8 years ago
    Please don't put a rug under your dining table. Houzzers seem to like rugs there, but it will open a new can of worms because of size and proximity to LR rug. Also no rug makes it easier to clean under the table. No b&b for this elegant room. Just moving console-don't paint it- and more stand-out centre piece on table ((maybe one or two of your plants, depending on size. Also new artwork - local or not...whatever you love. Nice room. Nice new light.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Your first purchace should be a cabinet that is wider than the T.V and low enought to allow the T.V to be a t proper viewing height it is too high now, Why are putting board and battan on that wall at all the TV is all you need there. No rug in the DR you don’t have space . There are tons of online art shops anything you like will be better than that mirror I like art.com