Software
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_blackwell87

Please help save my echeveria!

I am new to gardening and succulents. I purchased this cassyz winter online about a week ago and was completely smitten. But just two days later, the bottom leaves have become thin and malleable on the edges and developed tiny indentations on the bottom. I know it's normal for bottom leaves to die, but I've already lost three and several more look bad, while just a few days ago they looked perfectly healthy, so I must be doing something wrong!


I repotted as soon as I received it with new soil (all soil was removed from the roots). It was a mix of cactus soil and perulite (seen in the adjacent pot in the first picture). I watered it until the soil was pretty wet and have kept it indoors on a south-facing windowsill. I only watered it once. I open the window for more light and airflow when it's not raining, and take it away from the window when the temperature drops below 40 at night. During the day it doesn't get above 70 at this time of year.


I'm not sure what I did wrong and how I need to fix it. The other succulents I purchased seem to be doing well, though they are considerable smaller.

Do these marks give away the problem? It's almost like scarring, but more of a wrinkling/ indentation without actually looking or feeling dried out. Do these marks look like there was too much water? Not enough? Is the soil or light bad? Please advise! Really don't want to lost this beautiful plant.


*first picture was taken immediately after repotting, the rest were taken today.







Comments (6)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!