Software
Houzz Logo Print
homegirlnh

Anyone recognize my 1900s (I think) sink?

8 years ago

I'm in love with this vintage pedestal sink I bought off Craigslist, and have been researching it to figure out how to recreate its original installation as truly as possible. I'll need to support it--it's big, 33x24, so probably needs more than just a pedestal (no holes on the back for wall-mounting, either)--and I'd like to get its unusual flip-drain mechanism working again (a desire that, truth be told, has exasperated my husband and several plumbers). I'm hoping some expert here can help. What I know: It's Trenton Potteries; the mark is blurry but I think it reads 1902. (Opinions on that one welcome.) Catalogs circa 1910 show a few sinks with a similar ball-shaped flip-drain (they were installed at the original Penn Station in NYC!), but not the underside of the sink that would show me how the mechanism worked. I think there was some sort of T-shaped rod that helped anchor it to the pedestal--those seem extinct now, even on the vintage market, from what I can tell. Has anyone seen this sink (installed or in a catalog) or others like it? Any ideas on how to bring it back to its original look and function?