Software
Houzz Logo Print
henry82

What type of contractor(s) do I need?

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
My family is doing a remodel/addition of our 1950's single-level, ranch-style home in Temple City, CA. Existing specs: 2 bed, 1 bath, den, 1487 sf, detached garage in the rear, large front and back yard. The project: take out existing 250 sf family room (no crawl space), add new family room, new master suite, another bedroom with own bath, powder room, complete kitchen makeover that opens up to a new patio, total addition ~900 sf.

Aside from an architect, what other contractors and/or vendors would I need? General contractor? Remodeler? Should I be looking for a separate designer/vendor for the kitchen makeover? How about the outdoor elements (patio, landscaping, house exterior)... since those are typically not within an architect's scope, do I need yet another vendor?

Thank you in advance! Looking forward to everyone's input!

Comments (2)