Software
Houzz Logo Print
cherness

Did I Make the Wrong Hardware Choice??

8 years ago


We just had our kitchen cabinets repainted and new hardware installed. But now that it's all done, I'm feeling like the hardware is too large and doesn't go well together?? I'm sick about it (all the costs involved). So anyone have suggestions or opinions? Thanks in advance!!!

Comments (31)

  • 8 years ago
    I like it :)
  • 8 years ago

    It might just be you are not used to those kind of drawer pulls? Everything looks great to me....

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Your new kitchen looks great! I do like the hardware.

  • 8 years ago
    I think it looks great. It's actually exactly what I was thinking of using.
  • 8 years ago

    It looks nice, give it some time. Love the pulls


  • 8 years ago
    Good choice!!
  • 8 years ago

    Nope. You done good.

  • 8 years ago
    One other improvement that could be made is to better match the outlet covers on the backsplash. Could be a faux paint finish or tile match. I’m sorry but when I see your big wide open beautiful space the white squares on the tile jumps out at me.
  • 8 years ago

    Your kitchen is beautiful. Enjoy it!

  • 8 years ago

    I like it!


  • 8 years ago
    I think it looks beautiful. However, I think you are seeing the cup handles, that was the first think I notcied. Try changing them to match the cabinets. Clean and simple!
  • 8 years ago

    Take it easy, it looks great.

  • 8 years ago
    Beautiful kitchen! Like the cup pulls but I feel the other handles compete with them. I would have done simple knobs with cup pulls.
  • 8 years ago

    Really nice kitchen. Unless the hardware is uncomfortable for your hand as you pull on them, I wouldn't change them. Agree with others that if you do decide to make any change, it would be to put the same pulls on the drawers as you have on the doors ... IF the screw holes are the same.

  • 8 years ago
    Looks very nice. If it truly bothers you, it's a good problem to have. A lot of more important things in life to worry about.
  • PRO
    8 years ago
    Beautiful!
  • 8 years ago

    Lutron makes all color of outlets and covers. Easy to switch those out so they blend into back splash.

  • 8 years ago

    I think it's nice. you could always do handles instead of cup pulls if you wanted.

    agree about backsplash outlet cover. at the very least, buy the gray cover and plug outlet. the white really jumps out at you.

  • 8 years ago
    Help! I used a gorgeous color named ‘Intaglia’ on my walls 7 years ago and now I can’t track it down for the new house that we are renovating soon. It was either Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore (can’t recall), the original paint can is not accessible and neither company lists it in their color palette online. It was a light, clear, blue-ish wash of a color...does this sound familiar to anyone? I will pester my local paint store vendors tomorrow but just thought I’d throw this out there.
  • 8 years ago

    sromanstein,,,,why are you hijacking someone else's post? start your own.

  • 8 years ago
    I think the hardware looks great. Once you get your stuff on the counters, and add pops of color, the hardware may not be an issue any more for you.
  • 8 years ago
    Your kitchen is very pretty!. Great choices.
  • 8 years ago
    I like it! I say keep it.
  • 8 years ago
    It’s natural to second guess oneself.
    Before you spend any more money, why not live with it for at least 6 - 9 months and see how you feel about it then?
  • 4 years ago

    It looks great! I wish I put my cup pulls in centre of drawers like you Mine are at the top of drawer.

  • 4 years ago

    To me, the cup pulls are traditional and the handles are contemporary.

  • 4 years ago

    I’d replace the cup pulls with the same hardware used elsewhere. Otherwise, it looks beautiful.

  • 4 years ago

    I'm feeling like the hardware is too large and doesn't go well together??

    I agree. Good thing is that it is an easy fix.


  • 4 years ago

    Why are you bringing up a 5 year old thread?

  • 4 years ago

    Just saw the original posting date :). Wonder if she modified the hardware.