Software
Houzz Logo Print
jacqtopia

Is the hardware polished chrome or nickel? And the faucet as well?

8 years ago
I could not find any information on the hardware amongst all the questions. Thank you so much. This is a beautiful kitchen.
All That and Then Some - Naperville Kitchen · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 8 years ago

    Ok thank you, I was really just trying to determine the finish. So hard to tell in pictures between chrome and nickel sometimes. I appreciate your quick reply!

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I think it just depends on what works in your space. Here either chrome or polished nickel would work mixed with the bronze lighting. A lot of the times, the lighting, which is typically more difficult to find, will determine the finish of the hardware and/or plumbing. Many lights are available only in polished nickel or chrome. I typically don't like mixing chrome and polished nickel in a space, and then there's the issue of pricing as polished nickel is typically a more expensive finish.

  • 8 years ago

    Yes, I'm kind of stuck. I'm actually going through a whole house Harvey flood remodel and your photos here were a bit of inspiration. ;) I'm having BM White Dove cabinets, white delicatus granite (a soft and muted one) and the island is BM Kendall Charcoal. All stainless appliances, and my lighting is very similar to these with glass and a dark ORB finish (door hardware and other lighting throughout as well). I have found some hardware I love from Rejuvenation but having a hard time deciding on a finish. However, keeping my previous faucet as it was expensive and still in excellent condition but it's polished chrome. Soooo trying to decide which way to go. I do not want ORB hardware. I like the idea of some shine but I don't know if I'd want all chrome hardware, polished nickel may not look good with the faucet perhaps, brushed nickel would probably blend in...I'm comfortable mixing metals but just want to do it as well as I can. My flood brain is just a little project weary after 7 months at this point and living upstairs during the process! Thank you for your input, very kind of you.

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    Oh wow, good luck with your project. Sorry to hear about the flooding. If your faucet is chrome, my vote is to just stick with chrome for the hardware, it will look great mixed with the bronze lights.
    jacqtopia thanked TKS Design Group
  • 8 years ago

    Thank you so much, I needed this today.