Software
Houzz Logo Print
deege256

Help with vinyl siding color

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

--------1 through 8




Comments (19)

  • 8 years ago
    Personally- last one (#8) to the right.
    deege256 thanked Jacob Kay
  • 8 years ago

    Can we see a front-on picture of the house? Hard to see the style from this angle, so it makes it difficult to recommend a color. Will you be painting the trim?

    deege256 thanked Sammie J
  • 8 years ago

    All white trim. Soffit, facia corners


  • 8 years ago

  • 8 years ago

    That helps alot, I agree

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I do like blue for homes, and we painted our house a fairly dark teal - at least the upper half of it. To me, it is cheerful. I like the last two gray colors, but they are a bit dreary. I don't have a problem with the green.

    deege256 thanked Lars/J. Robert Scott
  • 8 years ago

    Green

  • 8 years ago

    What do other houses in the neighborhood look like? Are they brick, stone, siding?

    deege256 thanked oaktonmom
  • 8 years ago

    "Safe" choice would be # 8 but I also like # 2 (which looks like a pretty blue) and might look nice with white trim. Depends on if you want subtle or cheery and more colorful.

    deege256 thanked Kim
  • 8 years ago
    second from the left for sure
    deege256 thanked Lauri Viksush
  • 8 years ago

    Also depends on how close your neighbors are and what color their houses are. I like green the best; the dark blue is nice but might be too oppressive in the winter.

    deege256 thanked blubird
  • 8 years ago
    your roof overhangs your front porch which tends to make things darker and your roof is dark, so just keep that in mind when choosing a color.
    deege256 thanked N R
  • 8 years ago
    My whole street has houses with colored siding and the most popular and best looking ones (at least in my opinion) are shades of darker blues, some shades of gray, and especially that sort of olive/army green color. Red can also look really good, depending on the style of house - I think it could look good on yours. But I would mostly recommend a color in the blues or grays, or maybe green. I definitely would not go with anything like white or yellow - I always hate looking at those houses especially when the bright sun is reflecting off them.
    It really depends on what you like though, so good luck!
    deege256 thanked Brianna
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    What color is your roof......brown or black?

    For now I like the 4th from the left.......greenish/gray??

    I'd put up 2-3 colors at a time and eliminate from each group.

    deege256 thanked annztoo
  • 8 years ago

    #8

    deege256 thanked Cheryl Lawson
  • 8 years ago
    I think it depends on the area, what mood you want to convey and how dark or light you want the house. certain colors evoke moods.
    deege256 thanked Karin
  • 8 years ago

    Your roof looks like it's brownish, if so I'd use the first one on left as it's in the brown family. Your house is charming in the white right now so a hint of color would be great. The fence looks brown too so, for that reason, I'd stay away from grays. The blue would work well too.

    deege256 thanked Yayagal
  • 8 years ago

    With your roof on my monitor I like 3rd from the left.




    deege256 thanked eandhl2