Your shopping cart is empty.

Happy Spring, everyone!

imahappymess
May 13, 2018

Happy spring ya'll! Came to post some babies! Looking good, low temps and 3 straight days of rain!

TPS and feet..

Alexandria and Yellow Wonder strawberries

Tomato. Blush I believe.

Snow Princess Calendula

Golden Giant and Aurelia's Verde Amaranth. I pulled some golden giants last week and they have doubled in size, despite rain and lack of sun.

Ground cherries. Saved from Home depot plant unnamed, Molly's (last of purchased seed), Molly's saved from last year, and some huge wild ones I found out walking last year.

I went kind of easy on planting this year, my house, which I rent, went up for sale a few months ago, so I didn't want to go too crazy, but you know. Got this stuff too. Most babies came from winter sown containers.

5 gallon raspberries coming on well. Tulips struggled.

Walking onions, Egyptian. Have two larger patches in back. They were a free craigslist score, nice gardener was dividing hers. Got two 5 gallons buckets, planted out all the bubils that grew last year. Spread em around the property in small batches in case they all didn't make it. They all made it and then some. 3 or 4 unplanned patches.

Any one still buying/ starting seed? I ordered a few more things from floret, will still use winter sowing method. Feel like it cuts a few days off germination. And cross my fingers my house doesn't sell, so I don't have to start making hard choices!

Happy growing!

Comments (2)
  • ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a

beautiful job. I am almost finished planting out my WS'n plants. 2 more containers to go. I don't do 200 like some folk, no room, and not enough energy. I do about 20-22. Once I get them in the ground a lot less work. We had some 5-10 days of straight rain when I couldn't even get to the garden, but everything survived. Some things I got no germination, some I got a LOT - like Batchleor Buttons's-- omg do I ever have batchelor buttons! Overall, I'm pleased with the results.

• imahappymess

I had many issues this year, but I'm still showing late progress. Starting an asparagus bed this year! So pleased with winter sowing results.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)