Software
Houzz Logo Print
adamwesson

Silverline vs Andersen 100

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My contractor speaks highly of Silverline quality for the price. Every review I've read is horrible, though. I'm putting an addition onto my home and need a dozen or so new windows. Budget is a concern but I don't want horrible quality. Is the Andersen 100 line a worthwhile upgrade and does anyone have any idea of the price difference between the two lines?

Comments (9)

  • 8 years ago

    Is there a substantial price difference for the 100 series over vinyl windows?

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Impossible to say what the margin is from market to market, but the 100 series will definitely be more.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I’d look at the 100 series in person, there casements are nice but there single hungs are single hungs and the load from the side vs a typical one that would tilt downward. The sills are pocket sills which is not the main st desired. Sounds like your contractor shops at Home Depot? This puts up a red flag to me especially on a new build. I’d consider looking at other brands in f vinyl and maybe another contractor who specializes in Windows.If we new your location we could maybe recommend some other brands.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I live in MA. All of the windows will be casements. This is an addition, not a new build, and my home has mismatched windows. I want to get something decent that won't break the bank and then change the existing windows to match when they need to be replaced.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I’d see no problems with 100s then, you can price both brands out at Home Depot to see a typical cost difference, The Silverline is not that great, has a blueish tint and physically is not that appealing IMO.

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Silverline are known as some of the lowest quality windows available. They are extremely flimsy and cheap looking. for your contractor to say they are good leads me to believe your contractor knows absolutely nothing about windows.

    I would never install a silverline window and i dont know of any pro on this board who would come close to recommending them. There are plenty of high quality vinyl windows that are very well designed and efficient; silverline is not one of them.

    adamwesson thanked User
  • 7 years ago

    Went with Marvin Integrity. So glad I did.

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    comparing the Integrity All Ultrex to the 100 is a better comparison as they are more of a direct comparison. As with most things looks can be subjective. I person don’t care for either Integrity line.