Software
Houzz Logo Print
minaz_maknojia

decor deiliemma plz help

8 years ago
what color rug , accent chairs, ottoman and drapes can brighten up this living room??

Comments (50)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    What color paint is on the wall?

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Before any of that get that T.V off the fireplace wall you have other places it can go like the wall where the sofa is with sometging like this The first is a way to hide the TV with art work then I would choose the art first then a rug to go with it and then drapes in the backgound color from the rug.

  • 8 years ago

    Looks like you have decorative plates mounted above the pantry door in the kitchen?

    If so, pull colors (yellow? coral?) from them. As well as the kitchen wall color (looks kinda teal/turquoise on my screen).

    Keep in mind the rug you have under the dining table, too (greens and yellows?)

    So, I'm guessing you'll probably be going in a yellow direction? lol

  • 8 years ago
    the wall is dark grey like charcoal
  • 8 years ago

    i'd like teal/turquoise in the rug.

  • 8 years ago
    any other option I cant moved my TV
  • PRO
    8 years ago


    Turquoise Wool and Silk Rug, 7'11"x9'1" · More Info
    Here's a turquoise option that may work for you. Did you know what size rug you were looking for?

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I don't understand why you can't move the TV, but it really should be relocated. The other issue is that your fireplace is very traditional/transitional but your furnishings read very modern. You need to work to bring those two styles together.

    Move the TV to the long wall with a console under it, rearrange the sofas so they're in an L shape. Get a coffee table and a rug. Some curtains around the windows would help soften and fill that side of the room too. Those vases above the fireplace feel inappropriately high too.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    This layout could probably work for the room.


  • 8 years ago
    thank u all so much
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Minu,

    Did this help you find your direction?

  • 8 years ago
    somewhat.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    What were you still needing assistance with, maybe we can help!

  • 8 years ago
    the size of the rug I was thinking to get about 9 by 12
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Okay let me see if I can find you something in turquoise or teal in that size.

  • 8 years ago

    How about adding a large rug? You can go colourful or more neutral,just not dark. Your floors are lovely and will look even better with a rug. Also,after you have your rug,all the other accessory colours can be drawn from it.And yes,if you will relocate the TV,the room would function better.

  • 8 years ago
    with this dark floor I can cant find the right color of the rug
  • 8 years ago
    relocating the tv will be tough coz the black splash will be all broke plus there will be some holes for connection coz we have conduit there behind the tv
  • 8 years ago

    knowing the tv situation, I'd use Bev's layout - except where she has the tv console, place two chairs, with a small table between. Get a rug large enough that all furniture feet fit onto it. I would lean with a rug that has yellow, white, and either turquoise or orange (or all!) in it.


  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Minu,

    Here are a few more options I found, let me know what you think!


    Turquoise and Brown Wool and Silk Rug, 8'11"x12'2" · More Info

    Blue Soumak Rug, 8'4"x10'7" · More Info

    Brown And Blue Peshawar Ziegler Rug, 8'x10' · More Info

    Blue and Tan Ziegler Rug,Rectangle, 8.11'x12.2' · More Info

    Gold And Ivory Ikat Rug,Rectangle, 9'x12'1" · More Info

  • 8 years ago

    If you decided the room would work better if the tv was moved, you could always hang a mirror or artwork over the holes over the fireplace,

  • 8 years ago

    Minu, can you post some rugs you like for the space? Do you prefer a traditional or contemporary rug? A lively or more quiet room? Also,is that a brown and grey glass tile around the fireplace? Lastly,the pieces in the niche above the TV look a bit squashed. Try removing one of the smaller forms and put it on your dark table. It will carry some light.

  • 8 years ago

    I think that the wall color is fighting with the fireplace and floor. Would you consider a new color, something more " tan/beige"?

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Minu, I guess based on the size of the home/room and the size of your sofas that you would want to go to a 75" TV. That will not fit over your FP. If you move the TV to the wall, then art over the FP can hide any stone imperfections.


    Check out the rugs from WS Home.

  • PRO
    8 years ago


    Cardiff Modern Wool Rugs - Modern Solid Rugs - Modern Entryway Furniture - Room · More Info

  • 8 years ago

    Celerygirl, where did you find the art above the sofa? Thanks.

  • 8 years ago
    thank u so much this helped me alot celerygirl
  • 8 years ago
    can u post more colorful accessories with my home image this gives me better pic of how my house will look
  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Minu, you actually have good ideas in your sketches.

  • 8 years ago
    can u apply some accent chairs n plants n sculpture on wall plz
  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    More color?


  • 8 years ago
    celery girl u just too amazing
  • 8 years ago
    if I post more option can u plz help me like one with red rug with different colour chairs n ottoman and the other with teal colour rug n different colours accessories
  • 8 years ago
    I have this on the upper wall of kitchen like above it
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I have to say I am not fan of bright different colors.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    If you don't turn the sofas so they are at right angles to one another, then all the people on the second sofa cannot see the TV.

  • 8 years ago

    I believe minu meant a red rug with accessories that will work with that and then a teal rug with colors that will go with that.

  • 8 years ago
    yes ingrid u right. is there anyone who can show me like celerygirl woh mu own house and add some accessories
  • 8 years ago
    celerygirl I love the way u cross ur message with visualize pics. that's give me better idea. thank u so much.
  • 8 years ago
    celerygirl can u give me some info on where can I buy that blue pattern rug u posted with blue chairs
  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Ohhhhhhhh sorry guys, did not read your questions.

    First, print above the sofa is

    Latituatitude Run 'Eternal Horizon I' Painting Print on Canvas is from Walmart

    Blue modern rug is

    Jaipur Rugs Lounge Yarrin LOE40

    from Rug Super Center

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Here are some the same palette rugs

    from Bold Rugs

    Jaipur En Casa By Luli Sanchez Tufted Painterly Blue/White LST35 Area Rug | Free · More Info

    Surya Oasis OAS1103 Blue/Black Geometric Area Rug, Rectangular 8'x11' · More Info

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Maybe a rug like you see here in our design below?

    The Luxe in Midtown · More Info

    The Luxe in Midtown · More Info

    The Luxe in Midtown · More Info

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I LOVE the wall colors (and I'm typically not a fan of the dark walls).

    Remove the vases from top of television. Move one sofa to make L shape in room. Add 'accent' blue microfiber chair. Bright white shaggy carpet to match the color of the fireplace. Silver/gold glass coffee table for center of room. Replace the table on the left of the sofa against the wall with side table complimentary to (not matching) the coffee table. Different length candle holders in front of the fire place (mix of silver and gold). Big rectangular framed picture above the long sofa (with reds/yellows/blues), Long white sheer curtains on the windows with a light blue microfiber curtain on the outsides. Finally top off the room with a nice low hanging chandelier.

  • 8 years ago
    my commenthere love the way u described it ideas is there any way u can picturize for me like sample so I can buy things accordingly
  • 8 years ago
    the option of the mustard and dark turquoise sounds really nice and it all goes back to what colours u like at the end
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Minu, hard to find the exact items on short notice, but these pix should give you an idea:

    Blue accent chair

    White shaggy rug

    Side table

    Art

    Window coverings

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Coffee table


    Throw pillows for the white leather couches


    ...and Lighting...

  • 8 years ago
    thanks everyone I really appreciate