Software
Houzz Logo Print
kimothy_pham

HELP!! LIVING ROOM

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago



Comments (11)

  • 8 years ago

    I would turn the carpet the other way.

    Kimothy Pham thanked oaktonmom
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    GOING TO CHANGE IT RIGHT NOW! Thanks I’ll upload updated pic soon which way are you saying? The dark blue on the opposite side?

  • 8 years ago

    Turn the rug 90 degrees.

  • 8 years ago

    I like the pillows, but I think 3 of them is too much of a good thing. There are lots of posters here who are great with pillows and I’m sure they’ll be replying to this thread.

  • 8 years ago

    I don’t think your adorable pooch is going to let you do anything with the rug. He’s just too comfortable. Lol. There will be lots more people coming to your pillow rescue with suggestions.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Can you post more photos of your room? Hard to help without more photos but from what I can see, maybe something like this?

    Or maybe a round table.

    Kimothy Pham thanked ilikefriday
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Could you stand back and take an overall better photo of the room? Your walls look a yellow gold color. That looks to be repeated a little bit in the rug but I think it should be repeated also in the pillows. I would use colors that are already in the rug. I don't care for the pillows you have because it looks very purple in comparison. It doesn't look right to my eyes. The undertones aren't the same and they stand out instead coordinating, IMO. They also look more clean in color vs. muted. Head to Maria Killam's blog and read up on clean vs. dirty colors. (Honestly I think all her posts are good.) Your kitchen also looks very earthy in color. I also think the white pillows are stark compared to the cream in the rug. If you want to keep those pillows I think you need to repeat the colors (three times - small, medium, and a large dose) so it looks intentional.

    I think you could easily find an oversized canvas piece of art from someplace like Overstock that has all these colors to help repeat and tie in. I would still personally search for different pillows.


    maria killam clean vs dirty

  • 8 years ago
    Turn the rug the other way as mentioned above and then I’d swap the blue floral pillows for a solid chartreuse to pull that color from the rug.
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    THANK YOU ALL KINDLY FOR YOUR FEEDBACK! IT HAS BEEN INCREDIBLE.

    I CHANGED THE RUG PLACEMET & REMOVED THE FLORAL PILLOWS.

    (My walls are white but the lighting makes it look yellow.)

    1. Should I go for blue pillows? I have turquoise dining plates coming on the way.

    2. Also as you can see, I don’t have any dining chairs- what should I go for? My tables & bar stools are pretty contemporary/modern so if you can send me a photo of a specific chair it would be helpful.

  • 8 years ago

    Can you pull the rug more toward the chaise?