Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

Quilts for Baby James Memorial Project

jackier123
5 years ago

I currently have 4 quilts for the project. Thanks so much to you guys for the support. These are all beautiful!

This one is from my aunt who is 86 years old.

This one is from Lois

These two are from Theresa.

Comments (87)

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I received #13 from Larri today. Photo is above posted by her. I love that backing fabric!

• Larri
    5 years ago

Glad it arrived safely! The backing was from Joann's. I cannot recall the name of it. I like to use busy fabrics for baby quilt backings, so new Moms don't have to worry about the stains so much, and can just enjoy using them. Love all these quilts everyone has made! They are an inspiration.

• littlehelen_gw
    5 years ago

Jackie, mine will be mailed within the next two weeks. V.

jackier123 thanked littlehelen_gw
  • jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Valerie, please send me a message on here or email me at jackier123 at hotmail dot com for my new mailing address if you do not have it.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I received number 14 from a friend of Vasu yesterday. Her name is Preeti Harris. She heard my story and wanted to contribute a quilt that she had complete. The name of the quilt is The Quilt of Pi. The story of making the quilt can be found here: Preeti's Blog I just love that someone who has never heard of me is willing to contribute!

• loisflan
    5 years ago

I love the colors in Preeti's quilt. The striped binding too.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Love them! You ladies are great. That makes 17!

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I got number 18 in the mail! Again this is from Donna. Thank you so much! This photo does not do this one justice. The soft colors are great on this one.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I received the 3 from Bev2009 today. Thanks so much!

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I got numbers 19, 20, and 21 today from Vasu! I so love the bright colors. Thank you so much.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

And another one from Theresa! Just love the bold pink! This makes 5 for her. I can't tell you guys enough how much I appreciate this. So this is number 22 on the project.

• nannykins
    5 years ago

It was nice and flat before it got squeezed into a shoe box.

Theresa

• bkay2000
    5 years ago

Jackie, I have an I Spy quilt for your baby James project. I PM'd you last week for your address, but have not received a response.

bkay

• bkay2000
    5 years ago

Jackie, I have an I spy quilt for your baby James project. I PM'd you this past week, but have to had a response.

bkay

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

bkay, I tried to send you a PM but it did not go through either. Please email me at jackier123 at hotmail.com

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I got number 23 from Valerie (littlehelen), Just look at those blues!

• grammyp
    5 years ago

I have 6 I'll bring to the retreat.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you Beverly!

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I got number 24 in the mail today. It came from Elizabeth Broussard, from Houston, who heard about the project from Vasu's blog. The colors of the strings in this one go so well together.

• bev2009
    5 years ago

Very pretty. It sounds like you will be making your 30 with no problem.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Number 25 in the mail yesterday from Char. I just love the deep colors in this one.

• loisflan
    5 years ago

Char, I love this little quilt. How sweet for a baby.

• nannykins
    5 years ago

I have that pattern in my some-day file. I like it in your colours.

Theresa

• Char
    5 years ago

I'm happy it got there so fast. I love this pattern for baby quilts! You dont need alot of the colored fabrics so I usually use up scrap pieces in the making. Nice for both girls and boys depending on fabrics you want to use up.

• bev2009
    5 years ago

That's a very pretty quilt, Char. What is the name of the pattern?

• Char
    5 years ago

It's called Diamond Patch by Pleasant Valley Creations. I've only ever made baby quilts from this pattern, but they have directions for up to queen size.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I am up to 33 finished quilts now. These first two are from Teresa Rouzer.

The next 6 are from Beverly (grammyp).

I will more than make my goal of 35 as Beverly took several more home from retreat to quilt for me.

• grammyp
    5 years ago

New goal of 50?

• nannykins
    5 years ago

They are all lovely. I do like Teresa's disappearing four patch. The one I made a few years ago has always been one of my favourites. Time for another?

Theresa

• trouzernc
    5 years ago

Such wonderful quilts for a very good cause! Quilters are the best!

I just ordered 3 patterns from Pleasant Valley Creations, including the Diamond Patch pattern shown by Char above. Thanks very much for the enabling, Char! LOL!

Teresa (Rouzer)

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I received numbers 34-36 today from Sue (PolarDreams). This makes a total of 5 from her. You ladies are the best.

• bkay2000
    5 years ago

Congratulations on meeting your goal, Jackie!

bkay

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I received quilts 37, 38 and 39 yesterday from Peggy Trickler. She stated in her note that Sharon Gratz (geezerfolks) told her about the project! Peggy is from Henderson, NC.

The first two are the same:

• msmeow
    5 years ago

Wow, Jackie, that’s wonderful! How is your DDIL doing?

Donna

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

My daughter in law is doing great. Even though she has gestational diabetes, she is keeping her blood sugars in control. Her doctor told her that when she goes to her December 5 appt, they may induce. Well, I am out of town for work the 4th to the 9th, so I figure it will happen that way. LOL I went to visit them last weekend. I will also travel to see them again Thanksgiving day. They have decided on the name "Aaron Thomas Robinson." I still have not been able to face making him a quilt. I told my son that he would get a quilt in January after he has been home from the hospital for a while. I did notice that they had put one of Baby James' quilts in the nursery.

• grammyp
    5 years ago

I have the quilts ready to mail out tomorrow. Will you be ready to go if they induce?

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

If they induce on Dec 5th, I will be in Orlando for work and will not be able to get away. :( I will just head that way when my plane touches down in Chattanooga on the 9th.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Quilts 40-44 came yesterday. These are a team effort by myself and Beverly Presley (grammyp). She took them home and quilted them for me. I was shocked when I got them back that she had bound them too!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    5 years ago

That Beverly grammyp person is a sweetheart! Can't wait to see/hear how these go over at the hospital when the time comes. :-)

• grammyp
    5 years ago

Jackie, did I fail to send one? I thought there were 6. It doesn't take long to bind these and I was glad to do it.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

The 6th one was the one already pictured from Sharon. Oh yea Sharon, she quilted the top from you too. :)

• grammyp
    5 years ago

OK, was afraid I had forgotten to send one.

• jackier123
    Original Author
    5 years ago

They are going to be induced tomorrow morning, so the donation of these 44 wonderful quilts will be made this weekend. Baby James' brother Aaron Thomas Robinson will be born tomorrow hopefully. I will keep you guys informed.

• msmeow
    5 years ago

Jackie, how exciting! Your family is in my thoughts this weekend.

Donna

• Larri
    5 years ago

Thrilled for you, Jackie! Thanks for the update.

• Char
    5 years ago
    Excellent news! keep us posted when you can!
  • grammyp
    5 years ago

How exciting!

• littlehelen_gw
    5 years ago

good wishes to all!

• polardream
    5 years ago

Best wishes for baby Aaron and the entire family!!

Sue