Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsrossisme

Has anyone used Sherwin Williams Natural Linen?

I usually prefer Benjamin Moore paint, but I couldn't find anything similar to this beautiful beige of Natural Linen.

Has anyone used this in their home? Would love reviews.

Thank you!

Amy

Comments (301)

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Meant to add, I really like SW9590 Taupe of the Morning from the collection! @tesslarox

• texmax13
    2 years ago

@W I like that one too. I don’t know much about PPG but I have cards for Wheat Sheaf and Whiskers and both are pretty. Whiskers looks really similar to Agreeable Gray but is a little less gray and Wheat Sheaf is a kind of a lighter beige version of Modern Gray to my eye.

I pulled my color cards for Modern Gray, Taupe of the Morning, Popular Gray, Whirlwind and Pediment. Modern Gray is the least gray where pediment is the most.

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Yes, I have Wheat Sheaf (too yellow) and Modern Gray (too dark & too gray). Pediment def too dark. At this point, I may put KM Urban Bird, KM Bone, and SW Egret White in a hat and close my eyes and just go with whatever gets pulled out!

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Went with a custom mix between BM Pale Oak and BM Balboa Mist. Not sure it's 100%. But just glad to be done there & moving on...

• texmax13
    2 years ago

Painters are coming Wednesday, going with Sherwin Williams Natural Tan.

• Shannon Twyman
    2 years ago

We tried them all and chose sw Natural linen

• texmax13
    2 years ago

Painters finished up last night and so far I’m happy with my choices. I signed up for a monthly membership on thelandofcolor.com and that along with some advice @Lori A. Sawaya so kindly gave me, I was able to find which hue family I was comfortable going with, considering all of my other fixed elements. I went with Sherwin Williams Natural Tan on the walls, Dunn Edwards White Picket Fence on the ceilings, doors and trim and Glidden Deep Onyx on a feature wall and powder room. Still trying to get used to this big change, as my previous colors were much darker.

• texmax13
    2 years ago

Photos from last night:

• texmax13
    2 years ago

Photos from this morning:

• texmax13
    2 years ago

I will eventually be repainting my cabinets and stair spindles/balusters in the same Dunn Edwards White Picket Fence, because whatever I currently have on there (I can’t remember what I used 11 years ago) has more of a green yellow hue and I don’t think it sits as nicely with Natural Linen. Plus I don’t want the green to accentuate the pink in NL and vice versa.

• texmax13
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

In this pic, I can really see what Kylie M Interiors was referring to when she said Natural Tan doesn’t fully commit to one undertone. I see several different perceived natural undertones in this pic, but I also haven’t put my window coverings back on and I have a large pinkish block wall and a bit of greenery and artificial turf in the backyard. I also only have windows on one wall which faces north, except for one east facing window at the top of the stairs. That ”greenish“ wall downstairs will soon be covered with built in cabinets and shiplap.

• Kay Jay
    2 years ago

Your pictures are beautiful!

What SW trim color would you say is most like the one you chose?

You chose Natural Tan but reference Natural Linen in your last post. Did you also use this color? Do you feel that Natural Tan leans greenish?

• Kay Jay
    2 years ago

Also, what is the color of your wood floors?

• texmax13
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Kay Jay mentioning NL was an accident, just used Natural Tan. I don’t find it to be greenish, I’m pretty happy with it so far. I would say the closest SW white to my trim is an Emerald color called White Snow, which I love but Emerald wasn’t in my budget. My floors are actually laminate, but I just went thru 16 different stain options trying to match a counter top and shelves on a new wall unit to my floors/banister and the closest I could find was Red Oak from Varathane (NOT minwax, which is a totally different color) the wood used is also Red Oak. Different wood species take stain differently.

• texmax13
    2 years ago

@Kay Jay

New wall unit (not quite finished) showing the stain color.

• Ging Lady
    2 years ago

I darkened Sw Natural Tan by 50% and I see green undertones in it. Sw Natural Linen doesn't have these.

• Neil Li
    2 years ago

Natural linen has an orange undertone and it is warmer than natural tan, natural tan has a green undertone. Natural linen should work better if you have brown or beige fixtures.

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Completely agree with the above!

• texmax13
    2 years ago

@Neil Li I have natural tan throughout the entire main area of my house and if anything, it has more of a pink undertone than green. Undertones are subjective, as colors can look different depending on what colors surround them and the light quality. Both Natural Linen and Natural Tan are in the yellow hue family and closer to the yellow/red side than the yellow/green when looking at the color wheel.

• Neil Li
    2 years ago

@texmax13 it definitely depends on how much light you get in the room and the hue of your light bulbs etc. Just saying natural linen is a safer choice since it is more towards the warmer side. Natural linen and natural tan are really close colors and they are both very neutral, so the undertone is not always noticable .

• B. Christensen
    2 years ago

Are BM White Sand and SW Natural Linen the same color??? I Have Benjamin Moore White Sand OC-10 on my kitchen Cabinets ... Which we love. Now we're looking for an all over house paint. I picked up a sample of Sherwin-Williams Natural Linen SW9109. When I put it close to my cabinets I thought... Wow...they look a lot alike. So I put the sticker color on top of my cabinets and it totally disappeared. Are these the same colors for different companies?? (Photo taken at night with lights reflecting off of it. Will take another photo in the daylight.)

• texmax13
    2 years ago

@B. Christensen they’re not the same, but they are really similar. Natural Linen has a slightly lower LRV, so it might appear a little darker. For my taste, there wouldn’t be enough contrast between the two. Are you wanting a color thats lighter or darker than your cabinets?

• judygiven
    2 years ago

I am stumped on cabinet/ trim/ doors off white to compliment SWNatural Linen on walls. I have lots of blue accessories and cream sofa in open floor plan for new build. I have so many SW samples of off white and thought alabaster or pure white, but just doesn’t go with new cream quartz countertop.
    Original choice the builder gave me was SW aesthetic white for cabinets.. it has lots of gray in it…not my goal.

• userLA57
    2 years ago

What is the brand and style name of the quartz countertop?

• userLA57
    2 years ago

And what is your floor color?

• judygiven
    2 years ago

Silestone Silken Pearl quartz for kitchen counter and floor is Brick & Board - Garnet..so a medium dark stain.

• userLA57
    2 years ago

I have heard to use White Dove with Natural Linen.

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Oops, SW Alabaster!

• userLA57
    2 years ago

SW Pure White & SW High Reflective White

• Ging Lady
    2 years ago

Best color trim for natural linen exterior paint?

• jlrogers
    2 years ago

For interior trim, I used BM Chantilly Lace. Clean white and am very pleased with the natural linen.

• texmax13
    2 years ago

@Ging Lady for interior trim, I like Sherwin Willims White Snow (Emerald Collection). For exterior trim, look at Sherwin Willims Divine White for something lighter/softer or if you prefer a deeper trim color, check out Sherwin Williams Pavilion Beige or Antler Velvet.

• texmax13
    2 years ago

@judygiven have you looked at Sherwin Williams Divine White or White Snow?

• austinana
    2 years ago

I used natural linen SW for whole house 18 months ago. Still love it! Looks good in all kinds of light.

• userLA57
    2 years ago

Looks great!! I don't see a pink/peach undertone at all! What is your trim color?

• jeets20
    2 years ago

I still love our SW natural linen rooms that we painted last year !!

• Rita Koroll
    last year

Pure white ceilings and trim look great with SW Natural Linen. This is from an interior decorator.

• Rita Koroll
    last year

I love that color!!

• nysefox3
    last year

We painted our living area, hallway, and foyer with SW Natural linen. We used SW

extra white for the trim. It turned out absolutely beautiful. I wanted a coastal feel to the house and this color combination was perfect. The color is not too dark and not too light!

• Mary
    last year
    last modified: last year

Yes, most of my condominium is SW Natural Linen, eggshell on the walls and semigloss on the trim. It's lovely, not too yellow, not too pink, not too gray. On the ceilings, SW White Flour flat has provided the perfect soft white hue, replacing a glaring and cold, flat ceiling white. I'm very pleased.

• judygiven
    last year

Update: Closed on new home finally. We used SW Natural Linen on all walls and SW Greek Villa on all trim/ doors/ kitchen cabinets / millwork fireplace and very, very happy w results.

• Liz Kapis
    last year

Natural linen

• Sheila Rush
    last year

judygiven

I would love to see pictures. We’re building and I need paint colors soon. Was thinking Accessible Beige, Natural Linen or Natural Choice for most of the house but can’t decide.

• texmax13
    last year

@Sheila Rush have you picked flooring, counter tops, cabinets, backsplash yet? Those fixed elements should really help decide your wall color. Also how light or dark you want your walls, Natural Choice is the lightest with an LRV of 73, Natural Linen has an LRV of 66 and Accessible Beige is the darkest with an LRV of 58. All three of your choices are part of the yellow hue family, but AB and NL are closer to the red side of the color wheel (warmer) and NC is closer to the green side of the color wheel (cooler). Hope that helps!

• Sheila Rush
    last year

tesslarox
    Thanks. I’ve chosen Sea Pearl Quartzite for the countertops and am using White Oak hardwood but haven’t decided on keeping it natural or staining yet. Cabinets will probably be SW Alabaster or BM White Dove. It’s a lake house with a lot of natural light.

• Margie Cleerdin
    last year

I love SW Natural Linen. It is soft and warm. I used it in my bright rooms and used SW White Heron in rooms that didn't have much natural light. Gorgeous updated light colors.

• HU-459747829
    9 months ago

I used SW Natural Linen on my walls but it quite honestly looks peachy and fleshy in several areas. I think it’s a gorgeous color but not for my space
    Changing to Taupe of the Morning SW (new Emerald collection color)

• texmax13
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

@HU-459747829 I considered both SW taupe of the morning and modern gray (they are quite similar) but they ended up not having quite enough chroma (too gray) for my space so I went with natural tan.

• Heather Sinclair
    3 months ago

I painted walls Natural Linen and trim and ceilings Alabaster. It’s been 2 years and I still love it. Incorporated Urbane Bronze and Glamour throughout