Software
Houzz Logo Print
curlysueandboys

What is the material on the island?

13 years ago
austin kitchen · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Calcutta Gold marble
  • 13 years ago
    How is the marble wearing? I'm considering putting it in but am nervous about stains. Is yours honed or polished? Would you recommend doing marble? Thanks!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    we don't have that house anymore...but i would say the marble was great IF you don't mind the slab , over time, acquiring some of the dull stains ...we like patina in our home, so it didn't bother us....if you get a marble with alot of "movement"/veining, then the stains don't stand out as much....ours was honed supposedly by our installer/fabricator....but i've seen other slabs that appeared to be more honed than ours looked. So, maybe the ones that are done better hold up better? We cured ours about once a month with mineral oil also. We're considering using it again on our current house remodel. However, my marble/granite supplier has a new quartz in that she says looks like Carrera and is the strongest of the counter materials (doesn't stain/scratch). I'm not sure of the sample name til I pick up the sample. If you remind me in another wk, I'll be happy to tell you the name.
  • 13 years ago
    I would like to know more about the quartz u mentioned. Color?