bobby561

Key Lime Tree Pests

Bobby
last year
Hello,

Recently, I have found my key lime and orange tree leaves covered in this white sticky substance. Along with that, there are dark black bugs underneath the leaves. I have attached a few photos below. Could someone help me by identifying what these pests are and how to get rid of them?

• Pea
    last year

I see some aphids and some whitefly. I don't know what the bugs that are sticking butt up off the leaves are. Both Whitefly and aphids can be gotten rid of using insecticidal soap sprayed on the underside of the leaves in the eveming hours right before dark. The reason to spray in the evening so the sun and soap combined doesn't burn the plant.

• molewacker z9b Napa CA (No.SFBay) Danville CA z9b (E.SF Bay)
    last year

Not good. ACP or Asian Citrus Psyllid are the vector for HLB. Where are you located?

• Denise Becker
    last year

Those are Asian Citrus Psylliids. If you are in CA or FL contact your ag extension office. Be prepared to have your tree either confiscated or destroyed. If you are in another state, heaven help us.

• hibiscus909
    last year

I was thinking aphids, until I saw the white stringy stuff. Sorry you have to deal with this.

• jenny_in_se_pa
    last year

What looks like aphids appear to actually be Asian Citrus Psylliid larvae - notably because of those "strings". There is a good video from UC that briefly discusses them and some next steps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhqwUQm0zpk