Software
Houzz Logo Print
loraleepauls

Island

13 years ago
What is the wood and stain used on the island?
Transitional Single story · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    We have design services if you like to order.
  • 12 years ago
    I'm also doing a 12' island in Cararra Marble and wondered if it's hard to find one solid piece? Does honed or polished Cararra Marble stain easier? Thanks!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    You will not find a piece this large. Typically marble is a smaller slab than granite anyway. This is two pieces with a seam in the middle. I only use honed in the kitchen as it does not stain any differently but the shine can easily taken off by the heat of a pan or plate. Have your installer seal it to help it from staining. I have it in my house and so far so good but you need to wipe dark spills and I heard lemon can each some of finish if left on the counter. Its amazing and nothing like it especially the price.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you so much for your help! Toni