Software
Houzz Logo Print
glenburnd

Personel Messaging

I do understand "Houzz" is having a long list of issues since the "remodeling" of the platform they are using. That beside the point at present, could someone help in educating me how to "PM" people on here please.

Many Thanks in Advance(if this works)


David.

Comments (12)

  • 8 years ago

    Click or hover on the person's name which will take you to their page. From there click on at tivity and it should give you the option of messaging them if they have that turned on. If they don't you can't message them as some people don't want to receive private messages. To check if you have this turned on click on your name and go to your page and edit. It might be under the advanced editing so check around. I hope that helps. Feel free to ask with more questions.

    David_ in NSW Australia z8b/9a thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 8 years ago

    David, here is a screen shot of your profile page. It is what everyone who clicks on your name here sees, except you. You see an "Edit Profile" instead of the "Message" icon at the top right of the page. Jackie doesn't have messaging turned on. I just looked. You will have to post to her directly or send her an email.

    David_ in NSW Australia z8b/9a thanked roseseek
  • 8 years ago

    This helps me too! Thank you, both. I’ve been wondering why I can’t message people unless I’m responding to a message they sent me. I think many people must not know about or don’t want to turn on their messaging. I often don’t see the little “Message” icon on forum members page. Thanks! Lisa

  • 8 years ago

    It used to be easier.

    David_ in NSW Australia z8b/9a thanked jerijen
  • 8 years ago

    Sorry for my slightly confusing instructions. I did it going from my web page. Roseseeks sinstructions are much better. I don't know how it used to be Jerry, it's been this way for at least two and a half years since I've been on here, but I know you've been here for much much longer than that. I do hate how their messages are set up as one has to scroll through a zillion pages to find the correct message instead of just having all the messages from one person contained in one post.

  • 8 years ago

    Roseseek - I did what you said, and instead of "message" in the upper right hand corner of David's profile page, all I saw was icons for Facebook and Twitter, neither of which I am remotely interested in using.

    Jackie

  • 8 years ago

    Jackie, are you signed in to Houzz/Garden Web when you try sending him a message? I remain signed in through a bookmark on Chrome and I see the "message" icon. I don't know how it may look if I wasn't signed in. Not wanting to have to find anything again, I am reluctant to sign out to find out.

    David_ in NSW Australia z8b/9a thanked roseseek
  • 8 years ago

    As always Kim ever so helpful, thank you.

  • 8 years ago

    You're welcome, David. I hope it helps!

    David_ in NSW Australia z8b/9a thanked roseseek
  • 8 years ago

    Thank you Kim - I may do that some day, although it does seem ridiculously complicated and hidden.

    Jackie

  • 8 years ago

    You're welcome, Jackie. Each time they add another layer of "features", just like with Windows, etc., it adds another step, another "page" to sift through to get to what you want.