Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kali_deere

Woo hoo free ferns from work!

kali_deere
5 years ago

Soi can't say where I work, but I can say it's a huge company with lots of departments - our food and beverage department had tons of these gorgeous ferns in pots that they no longer need and are just tossing them!
My boss and I asked if I could take a couple if they're being tossed anyways and the food and beverage manager wants me to take ALL OF THEM!
Very excited to be getting like 20 free ferns! Pictures to come soon :)
Anyone else ever get an awesome offer like this? Lucky me it's the second time this year, first from Roxanna and now from work :)

Comments (7)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

bazinga .....

sounds like you are all set for xmas gifts too ... lol ...

ken

kali_deere thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • mazerolm_3a
    5 years ago

Last year a neighbor who knows about my love for gardening dropped about 15 plants at the curb. It felt like Xmas! :)

kali_deere thanked mazerolm_3a
  • GardenHo_MI_Z5
    5 years ago

Always great to get free plants :0)

I’ve ‘helped myself’ to a few myself from work. Just little stuff/seedlings lol.

Things like Shrub seedlings, a little piece of a beautiful peony, Karl foerster grasses, and geraniums are what comes to mind right now.

I just helped them tidy things up a bit ;0)

kali_deere thanked GardenHo_MI_Z5
  • functionthenlook
    5 years ago

Lucky you. I did work at one time in an office building that also housed a agriculture school and the greenhouse was next door. A few times a year they would sell plants in the lobby really cheap.

kali_deere thanked functionthenlook
  • NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    5 years ago

Do you know what kind? Some will only work as summer pot plants or as indoor plants, but others will work outdoors.

• kali_deere
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sandy- that's so sweet! I imagine that was a wonderful Christmas :)

Mazerolm- that's fantastic, it's always good to have great neighbors! I know I've ended up sharing plants with some of my neighbors too and they're always thrilled.

Gardenho and functionthenlook- those sound like great places to work! Part of me wants to ask my bosses if I can take tiny cuttings of some of our evergreen shrubs and try to root them haha. Somehow I don't think they'll agree to that one though

Babs- no clue what kind they are but here's some photos (five pots in all -thats all I could carry at once hahaha) very fine, soft texture, dark, tall, bendy stems.slightly squished from the car ride

Anyone know what kind these are? Or if they'll survive outside in zone 6a?