Software
Houzz Logo Print
aut123

Sienna beige or bianco antico granite?

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
We are putting granite in our kitchen and bathrooms but cant decide on sienna beige or bianco antico

We are planning to sell the home in a couple years time so also want to maximize resale value

We have cream colour tiles on floor and dark oak hardwood and expresso cabinets

We also thought of maybe sienna beige in kitchen and one bathroom and bianco antico in ensuite but maybe it should all be the same?

Comments (23)

  • 13 years ago
    The granite patterns and colors do not need to be the same in the kitchen and bath. Home buyers will mainly notice the fact that the granite is there, not the color selection. In the kitchen you should go with the bottom color as it is neutral and you already know you will be selling in a few years.
    aut123 thanked reifer1
  • 13 years ago
    I also like the lighter pattern on the bottom.
  • 13 years ago
    I like the top choice. I don't like the undertone of the bottom one.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Summerlin Meadows Model Home - Draper, UT · More Info

    Random Projects · More Info


    You need to see the whole slab before you make up your mind. The second picture I posted is probably what you will get with Sienna Beige. :
  • 13 years ago
    I like the lighter one ... the darker one has a lot of white in it.
  • 13 years ago
    My vote goes to the light one.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Sienna Beige is too dark

    Siena Beige Granite · More Info
    ]

    Bianco antico is too busy

    I would rather go with Bianco Romano

    Contemporary Kitchen Countertops · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Grey is the new beige. I avoid beiges like the plague for fear of looking like a late 90's track home. The Sienna reminds me of builder's beige granite upgrade level 1.
    aut123 thanked Chad Yates
  • 13 years ago
    Lighter...
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Bianca antico
    Is a really nice stone
    You can actually find a bianco antico slab with browns in it
    It has a lot of character to it.
    It's gonna create a nice smooth contrast if you hand pick the slab.
    aut123 thanked User
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you - i have a picture of the slabs - i like the stone pattern on the antico bianco but it is definitely a cool pallet which would be a bolder choice for me but i love the stone markings more than sienna beige markings
  • 13 years ago
    Now that I see the whole slab, Iove the sienna beige- much richer looking;)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The sienna beige looks nice yes that slab is nice.
    Where are you located
    And what's the price difference
  • 13 years ago
    I like the Sienna Beige better, the other one is too busy
  • 13 years ago
    Once the slab is cut and has sinks installed in it, the markings won't stand out. Would you be able to get all of the counter tops out of one slab? That would save you the cost of buying another slab.
  • 13 years ago
    All kitchen from one slab and small vanity ensuite would be another piece

    No price difference

    If we choose sienna beige it will be kitchen and small vanity and ensuite antico bianco

    If we choose antico bianco it will be in both bathrooms and kitchen
  • 13 years ago
    After seeing the two slabs I too like the Sienna Beige better!
  • 13 years ago
    sienna beige.
  • 13 years ago
    kati, that's great advice. chipping is something i hadn't considered. usually people just warn about staining.
  • 13 years ago
    I used quartz in both rooms for counter tops. A cream white with speckles. Floor porcelain large tile in a cream white. Multi tone blue glass tile in shower & vanity for splash of color
    It's better for resale later.
  • 12 years ago
    I have the same Design Dilemma.
    we are buying the house directly from the builder, So we dont get to see the slab. It would be any random slab.
    I have to decide between Antico and Sienna Beige.
    From this blog ,I think Sienna Beige goes well in Kitchen.
    Bianco Antico will be better in Bath.
  • 12 years ago
    It is really hard to know without seeing the slab. Our Bianco Antico we put in our ensuite has a lot of purple in it. Our Sienna Beige has lots of quartz which is nice on our Island in the kitchen.

    After my whole granite experience - I don't think you could go wrong with either. Sienna Beige will be a warmer feel - Bianco Antico is a cooler feel.