Software
Houzz Logo Print
anita_colangelo

Help what do we done this wall ?

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Buying a home this is the great room, not sure if we should take down the out dated rock , or paint the wood or take wood down sheet rock and paint a dark color to contrast? We will be mmaking the floors a very dark wood. Can we even put a tv on That rock ? We were also thinking of making a contemporary gas fire place in it help !




Comments (12)

  • 8 years ago
    I like the wood and stone-it suits the style of the room. I love the floor stain. The wall color, window covering and furniture are where I would spend my money.
  • 8 years ago
    That room has a great vibe. I wouldn't mess with the floors or panelling myself. Some MCM furniture, some good rugs, and art, yes.
  • 8 years ago

    what style do you like? If you are a minimalist, or into mod, then yes, I would remove the stone and put up something more contemporary like ledge stone but still take it all the way up. A gas fireplace would be nice if you can afford...we just had a linear installed last winter and I love love love it! Here's what we did.... see pic....still not finished. Not sure what to do with the large wall with t.v. myself!! lol ! I don't know if this helps or not!


  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    If you are going to "remuddle" ( Sophie plagiarism ) to a linear firebox, the entire wall will need to go to the studs. You will need the specs and all info. There are venting requirements, and those vary. I'd add a very dark flooring is quite a continual maintenance job.Buy boatloads of Swiffers

  • 8 years ago

    I agree that wall is beautiful. I would paint the tan walls a lighter color

  • 8 years ago
    I like the room the way it is ...why not put the piano in the corner of the left ..and take out those plant decorations ..hang a painting on the wall and use the sofa and chairs in front of the fireplace ...? You need rugs and paintings ...flowers ...to make it and even greater room where one can listen to music or sleep by the fire ...you can add some ottoman..near the piano ...for people to sit ...it's such a great space ...Enjoy .!
  • 6 years ago

    We stained the floor ebony went over the stone w tile and a linear gas fireplace painted the walls revere pewter and the sides of the fireplace are just painted white .. ran out of funds but plan on doing some
    Built ins on the sides of the fire place

  • 6 years ago

    Not the best shot but we love it have to finish the tile on the fire place

  • 6 years ago

    So I couldn’t find how to make a new post but the next dilemma of this huge money pit lol is the kitchen. The previous owners put a horrible floor down in kitchen. It’s all coming out and the wood flooring on this entire level has to be replaced. So dilemma is I love to have one type of floor throughout but I’m skittish to have wood in the kitchen. Husband wasn’t to tile entire first floor but I say for resale value here in NY that won’t be a good idea.. any advice or thoughts ? If I did tile
    It would be all white or match what’s on second level on fire place

  • 6 years ago

    That’s kitchen floor and one shot of view of first level from entry

  • 6 years ago

    What a contrast! Loved the warmth and character of the before, style looks neutered. But I love retro stuff Which isn’t for everybody.