Software
Houzz Logo Print
kitty_partin

Moved to a coastal town- trying to use some of my old deco/ pictures-

8 years ago
Should I try and use these pictures of the grandchildren here? Or move to the small hall- we downsized!

Comments (24)

  • 8 years ago

    Hi Kitty, I would use the photos of the grandchildren but I would make all the photos black and whites, add a matte around the photos (all the same color) then re-frame in all the same frames (driftwood color maybe). I think you will get a much lighter, cleaner look.

  • 8 years ago

    Use them in either location. Many people enjoy photos hung at their eye level, so hallways can be a good location, too.

  • 8 years ago
    Just purchase new frames in a tone that will go with your beautiful hutch
  • 8 years ago
    Would painting these frames work or do you think the look too heavy/ ornate for the credenza?
  • 8 years ago

    I think they are too heavy for the look you seem to be going for. They are beautiful frames, just not right for the space. I would not paint them, they will lose value. Frames are cheap enough at Homegoods, AC Moore, Michaels, etc.

  • 8 years ago
    I agree, thinner more modern frames will work better!
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    You've got a great eye for spacing - I love the idea of the photos here. As other users have said, the frames are beautiful vintage pieces but don't quite match the space. If you want to keep the frames, do you have another style credenza? Could you paint that credenza a darker color?

  • 8 years ago
    I would move them all to a hallway....we did that with all our family photos...sort of like a “hall of fame” LOL. Then, find a large print or painting that you love to hang over the credenza. Best of both worlds!
  • 8 years ago

    If you want them in the living area, get serious - go big or go home!

    Focal point wall in new living room · More Info


    Living Room / Dining Room. · More Info


  • 8 years ago
    I don’t just love it, but....
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Better. A few adjustments would improve.



    center furniture under


    more spacing between





  • 8 years ago
    Thank you! Each frame is actually 1 whole frame, with openings for 3 pictures.
  • 8 years ago

    "Each frame is actually 1 whole frame, with openings for 3 pictures. "


    In that case I would use them in the hallway, lined up horizontally.

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I see , then raise them slightly & let some space between



    & maybe 2 similar things of pop of color as seen it white

  • 8 years ago

    I guess I'm the odd one out. I rather liked the ornate frames and the entire presentation. It had an eclecticism I found appealing. It could be the beginning of a whole new style family: Victorian Coastal! The damask print rug kind of underlined the idea.


    The weathered frames you chose are nice, too. But they're somewhat expected for a coastal interior. The other frames were far more interesting in my opinion.

  • 8 years ago
    I totally agree Manon. I really liked the original frames!
  • 8 years ago

    Oh, and Kitty, you have a great eye for table-scaping.

  • 8 years ago
    The ornate frames can be “beachified” with spray paint....in shiny white they would be totally fresh while still preserving the tiny details.....or paint to match the cabinet color to update and unify the grouping.....I agree they are lots more interesting and “precious” for surrounding the baby pictures than the modern versions ...
  • 8 years ago
    Plus I like the bigger grouping you posted first...it is bolder and more confident.....
  • 8 years ago

    Looks great Kitty!

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Hi, Kitty. You're good at laying this out naturally. Trust your instincts.

    Imho, I liked the original frames, too. The new ones work, too. Either would work.

    Could also combine them.

    Please excuse the sketch look. just to show conceptual ideas. it will obviously look better in real life.






    Putting some matching sconces on both sides or 1 wide 1 above would be a bonus.



    You got this ;)

  • 8 years ago
    I actually like what you did. Perhaps you can add more color on top of the furniture to offset the total neutrality.
    The floor, hutch and frames are all blending together so some pops of color in accessories would give it a smile.

    I really like the new frames.....
  • 8 years ago
    Like what you did.....do raise them a bit.