Software
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_borowski

Gas Range looking to purchase

I am shopping for a 30" gas range with convection oven. $3,000 to $3,500 maximum price range. Thought I wanted a Jenn Air but saw they've been purchased by Whirlpool and name is not what it once was. I believe Viking and Wolf are out of my price range. Need other brands to consider. Don't need double ovens or 6 burners but the extras are ok as long as it falls in my price range.

Comments (9)

  • 8 years ago

    One of the most satisfying stoves to cook on is the Bluestar RNB series. It's long been popular with people in this forum. But it looks as if street price is currently around $4800. So, that's above your price range.


    I haven't really shopped for cheaper models in a while, so I am counting on somebody else to chime up and making a suggestion.


    Otherwise, you might want to look at induction, if you can get electricity to that location. A lot of people are very happy with it. It in many ways behaves similar to gas. And there are a couple of popular models that fit your price range. I think the Electrolux 30" induction range is frequently quoted when this question comes up. I don't have any first hand experience (I love my Bluestar), but I trust other forum members to make sane recommendations.

  • 8 years ago

    Thank you!


  • 8 years ago

    Thank you. That could be a possibility.


  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    BTW, the open burner (not sealed burner) 30" RCS is the one to consider.

  • 8 years ago

    I think Whirlpool has owned Jennair for about 12 years now and Magtag had them since 1982. Maytag probably did more to drive the brand into the ground than Whirlpool. Whirlpool has done a pretty good job of getting Jennair back to a well built status. It's basically the Kitchenaid with a few more bells and whistles. Nothing wrong with considering them.

  • 8 years ago

    Good to know. What little research I've done today was confusing.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    The problem with Bluestar is that its btus are very high so that once you go down that road you open the door to big exhaust requirements which then opens the door to a requirement for a makeup air system. I wish when people say how great Bluestar is to the less knowledgeable posters that they would mention the several thousand dollars of additional expenditures in exhaust requirements that come with a Bluestar.

    To the OP, check out the Bosch gas ranges.

    If you are thinking about the induction that M mentions above, don't overlook his/her mention about the electric line. If you don't already have the right electrical service in your kitchen to power an induction range, you'll have to pay an electrician to run that line. That is assuming your home's breaker box can also handle that additional load. One thing leads to another...

  • 8 years ago
    I love my Jenn-air range. I had a Whirlpool for 15 years and that range was a workhorse. I specifically wanted to stay with Whirlpool when I upgraded to a pro range.