I am thinking about adding a layer of sheetrock with Mass Loaded Vinyl to a basement office ceiling. It is right below my kitchen and when in the office with clients, you can hear every sound from the kitchen.
I was told that MLV:
https://www.soundproofcow.com/product-category/soundproofing-materials/soundproofing-barriers/vinyl-barriers-mlv/is a better product than Green Glue or a sound board from Home Depot:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-2-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-Acoustic-Insulation-Sound-Board-BSNAT85US/207168829Does anyone have any experience with these products and/or can you recommend someone who would do a good job installing it? What I don't want is to spend thousands of dollars and for the method that I choose not block out the sound.
Thank you!
ReadySetGo!
jef78Original Author
Related Professionals
Pensacola Furniture & Accessories · Belleville Interior Designers & Decorators · Gulfport Interior Designers & Decorators · Oxford Interior Designers & Decorators · South Bend Interior Designers & Decorators · Bismarck Interior Designers & Decorators · Vidalia Cabinets & Cabinetry · Minot Cabinets & Cabinetry · Springfield Bathroom Remodelers · Everett Bathroom Remodelers · Crestview General Contractors · Blythe General Contractors · Colorado Springs Interior Designers & Decorators · Enid Cabinets & Cabinetry · Duluth Cabinets & Cabinetry