Your shopping cart is empty.

PAVER PROBLEMS, PLEASE ADVISE

Sarras Richards
October 19, 2018

In Florida, we extended our exsisting patio. The pavers on the extension have turned black and only the new pavers. Why have just the new pavers turned, is this an indication that there is a problem with the pavers they used? what can be done?

Comments (6)

• PRO
    The Garden Artist LLC

Could be mold, lichen, or algae that were on the pavers and then 'bloomed' with dampness. I would try pressure washing and scrub with a bleach solution (10% or so) or mold killer. I imagine you've done this, but make sure there isn't too much over-spray from sprinklers. If all else fails, contact the manufacturer

Sarras Richards thanked The Garden Artist LLC
  • PRO
    Yardvaark

I don't have an answer of why, but would be asking the installer and manufacturer to help solve the riddle and come up with a solution.

• victoria5688
    Seems like pavers have not been sealed. Pressure washing with bleach and then applying sealant will prevent it from happening in the future.
  • silicon74

concrobium spray, not bleach

• PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens

Agree w/ Yard. You need to be having this conversation with the installer, and if they're no help contact the local sales rep for the paver manufacturer.

• millworkman

Hopefully this isn't the same guy who did you bathroom shower tiles................................

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).