Software
Houzz Logo Print
permanposies9afl

Attention-seeking roses

I’ve been really busy with school, so not been hanging out with my roses as much as I’d like. But today, a couple of them decided to pump out massive rose sweetness in an attempt to get my attention. It worked! So I snapped a few pics to make them feel better cared for. Here’s Paul Neyron in all his giant buttony splendor (got to be about 6”across, still in his 1 gallon pot.) . He smells very rich!

And here’s Floral City Ann, a mystery rose, also wonderfully fragrant:


And frilly little Secret Garden Musk Climber, which has a little something extra to her fragrance that is really addictive:


If this is what it smells like in my yard with just a few blossoms, I can’t wait until I get everyone in the ground and they are mature and producing. I’ll never want to leave my house! :-)

Comments (13)

  • 7 years ago

    What a lovely post Perma! I've never had a rose bloom that was even close to 6 inches. I can't decide whether that's beautiful or ostentatious. Or maybe both? I'd love to see a bush shot of Paul Neyron. I imagine even a few blooms would have a massive statement. I would love to have a R. moschata because I have no idea how that would smell, but it must be magical.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    Lol, yes, Paul is a bit ostentatious...and wonderful at the same time. I’ve read that he’s a bit angular/upright, but I’m looking forward to big pink poufs of that amazing fragrance. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    Hey Perm, those roses are lookin’ good!

    secret Garden Musk has that wonderful spice/clove like note in her fragrance...I love her too!

    keep smelling and smiling. Claire

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Claire8WA
  • 7 years ago

    Those are beautiful!!!

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked pippacovalent
  • 7 years ago

    Just beautiful, Perma! That Paul Neyron is perfect. What an enormous bloom, that is! I’m finding big blooms here and there, as well. It seems like certain roses are blooming less with our cooler nights, but producing larger blooms. I’m always enamored by Secret Garden Musk Climber, but I’ll never have the space for that beauty. Thanks for sharing! Lisa

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Lisa Adams
  • 7 years ago

    I've always liked the color and big blooms of Paul Neyron. Wonderful fragrance as well.

    I've been thinking about adding Floral City Ann to the garden, very charming blooms...

    Lovely pics!

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Krista_5NY
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you to all for the encouragement! :-)

    Floral City Ann is super-clean, and this is with quite a bit of neglect.

    I’m SO excited about what these plants will do, that it’s a little weird. I find myself daydreaming about the garden so often. I don’t think anyone else could really understand that. It’s so nice to have a place to share my craziness!

  • 7 years ago
    Paul Neyron has been sitting in my mind for days. I read about it more like a cabbage rose but it is not a centifolia Rose. Love the size of the bloom.
    I am sticking with teas, China's after all the BS and worst fungicide my roses had like Maggie and others
    Let me know how PN progress.
    I know ARE will have a free shipping soon this month ( hopefully) but a lot of teas are sold out already. Sigh!
    jin
    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Looking at Floral City Ann again, I'm wondering whether it could be the tea rose Mme. Lambard. You might want to look at that rose on HMF and see if there is any resemblance to yours.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    I will; thank you so much Ingrid! It would be very cool to know who she really is. I know the folks at Reverence for Roses would like to know, too.

  • 7 years ago

    So I’ve looked at FCA in the daylight, and she doesn’t have any hints of salmon showing in ML. She’s really very cool pink, fading to a lighter cool pink with darker veining. Could the lack of salmon just be due to the time of year?

  • 7 years ago

    LeVesuve has veining.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR