Software
Houzz Logo Print
320melrosehouse

Which laundry tub you like most ? Really appreciate the feedback.

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Just wondering which style of laundry tub people like most of the 3 pics below. Please note there will be upper cabinets in the laundry room so storage will be plenty. Thanks

Standard Tub
Stainless Steel. WILL HAVE FAUCETT ATTACHED & ACTUAL DESIG MAY DIFFER
Contemp style. ACTUAL DESIGN MY DIFFER

Comments (12)

  • 7 years ago
    None of these. I bought a large steel sink (sturdy but not expensive,
    from Overstock and included faucet, grill, etc.) and had it installed in a cabinet.
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    None. Whether you need storage or not. Unless this is in your basement and never seen.

  • 7 years ago

    my vote would be for the cheapest possible. I've had a few houses and in my first house I even upgraded the laundry tub.


    In all my houses the laundry tub was near the washer and dryer, either in a basement or garage, and was used HARD.

    • Hubs would use it to wash his hands after working on his, whatever and of course never bother cleaning afterwards (side eyes my husband)
    • used to wash paint out of brushes and rollers
    • used to wash out the icky trash cans

    You get the idea. I don't care how meticulous someone is at cleaning if you are anything like me (I lean towards normal) my laundry tubs ended up looking like a 7-Eleven bathroom sink ick ick ick.


    Go for something cheap and live life instead of spending your time cleaning the un-cleanable laundry tub.

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I have never owned a laundry tub and now with the new washers I can’t think of a reason to add one. I do have a deep laundry tub in our wine making room but it is just the cheapest one I could find no one sees it but us.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Don't really like any of them much, but of the three I voted for the stainless. You can scrub the cr*p out of stainless and it will be fine. Plastic laundry tubs can't take the abuse like stainless, they end up looking beat up over years of use. I guess it depends what you want the sink for, though.

    I have (2) laundry tubs in the house - one in the laundry room and one in the basement. When I re-do the laundry room, I'm replacing with a deep sink, either porcelain or stainless. The washer doesn't drain into the tub but it is nice to have running water/sink there because this room functions as our mud room, and I want something that looks nice -- a laundry tub does not, especially not a plastic one.

    I didn't have running water in the basement when I moved in, so I had the plumber set up a sink/faucet down there. I got one of those really big plastic jobbers because if I'm going to put in a sink to clean stuff up in, it should be big. Don't love the plastic, but couldn't afford such a big sink in anything but plastic, if I could even find something so big. I really like the functionality of it but we're careful not to beat it up (because plastic just can't abuse, it will get all scratched out then mold sets in and can't get the gunk out of the scratches). We don't use it much but it's there if we need a sink down there and who cares if it doesn't look great, it's way in the corner of the furnace room - functionality over looks in this case.

  • 7 years ago

    ^^ That thing is awesome!!

  • 7 years ago

    I honestly would go for a White Plastic or Ceramic Tub. And I say this because, since it's in the laundry room... it'll evidently be exposed to strong chemicals and the like that will rust the interior of stainless-steel tub.


    I honestly think the 3rd one looks nice.

  • 7 years ago

    I voted for the first- simple - big enough- and it will be abused and not coddled.

  • 7 years ago

    I must be challenged--but how does one see the results of the poll?

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    @salonva...

    You should be able to see a bar graph next to images of the sinks.

    Maybe your browser is blocking it? It currently looks like this...

    (oh, I think you need to vote to see the results)

  • 7 years ago
    I did not vote. I would use a stainless steel sink in a sink base. Or find a stainless sink with built in drain board. You can abuse ss, leave the paint on it for 3 months, and scrub it up and have it look good again.