Software
Houzz Logo Print
maplelane123

Optimising Townhouse storage

7 years ago

Hi All - we are finalising our plan to purchase a townhouse. We are a family of 5 ( 3 young children aged 5 to 12) and I need help to identify where I can maximise storage space for a few bikes, tools and seasonal stuff. I have attached the plans so you can see the existing layout. On the exterior, I would like to add a small structure at the side of the house (it is an end unit) which will allow me to store bikes on the outside in an enclosed space. I haven't exactly thought about how yet. On the interior, I am trying to sort out how I can make the pantry more useful. Currently, the entry to the pantry doubles as the entry to the powder bathroom. I am thinking to reconfigure the guest bathroom and entry to the bathroom so I can maximise the pantry space and enclose it all perhaps behind a sliding farm door of some sort. On the second floor, I am thinking to take from the existing walk in closet in of the bedrooms and expand the laundry area so that I can add storage for seasonal items there. Welcome any thoughts and suggestions. Thanks in advance as always!!





Comments (2)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz