Software
Houzz Logo Print
nikgrl7

Does this Mirror match?!

7 years ago
Still not done with living room. Need some final touches for this one corner. In need of an accent chair side table and not sure what else. I found this awesome blue mirror, but my husband doesn’t think it goes. I haven’t picked an accent color yet. So everything is pretty neutral. So if I end up keeping this mirror my color will be blue! So what do you think about my blue mirror?? And what else should I add to corner? A blue chair? Help please almost done!!:) details on room. Gray walls ,cream coach, grayish and white wall art gray ottoman and cream and gray area rug. With light wood floors.

Comments (29)

  • 7 years ago
    Really?! Lol. What kind of mirror do you suggest?
  • PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    You don’t have to tell him….

    I think the blue for your accent should in this tone. Love this bone inlay chest with the hardware, which looks iike your grays.. With this chest I would do a simple metal framed mirror…to compliment your over sofa art.






  • 7 years ago
    Style wise? Besides color
  • 7 years ago

    I also agree with your husband. Nice socks, though :) I hope you will bring in some color, like mulberry or red or something.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I'm not a fan of that mirror for that space either. Very pretty space though! If I were you, I would start with finding the right accent chair, then table, then worry about a mirror or other accent in that corner. Also make sure that whatever accent color you pick is distributed throughout the room (i.e. not a blue chair and blue mirror in the same corner with no other blue elsewhere in the room).

  • 7 years ago
    I don't really think blue is a good accent color for your color scheme.
  • 7 years ago

    I think it's fine.


    But then I think you can make most things work if you try hard enough and dare to think outside the box.


    Hu200

  • 7 years ago

    Hubby is right - mirror looks cheap and tacky. Nice room btw.

  • 7 years ago
    I don’t think it will enhance the room. Sorry.
  • PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I am not happy with my suggestions. Looking again at your great space, I was thinking that you don’t need an obvious accent color….maybe just warm brass. Mirror hung horizontally over the Morrocan inspired console….then add a great lamp and a small accent chair?






  • 7 years ago

    You're just grasping for anything to put in that corner. The mirror looks too heavy visually. A chair with nice art will look way better.


    I see just the sofa for seating. You actually need a chair. Art is almost always the best choice instead of a mirror.






  • 7 years ago

    Add pillows to the sofa.




  • PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    You can make it work with cobalt blue accessories.


    Here was my inspiration


  • 7 years ago
    Great thanks guys! I will be returning. If you guys any more ideas of a chair that would be great! Would a brown leather chair work or a oversized one? If not please give me some ideas. I am lost for this corner.
  • 7 years ago

    Is that your front door, to the left in the picture?

  • 7 years ago

    No brown leather chair : { Blah.

    Right now your room would lend itself to any number of colors that you could tie in with pillows on the sofa and drapes. I showed aqua above but there's orange or green or purple. Then art to pull it all together.







  • 7 years ago

    Here are purple ideas






  • 7 years ago

    Or green?






  • 7 years ago

    Any of these give you ideas?

  • 7 years ago

    If you’re definitely using the blue mirror, you need to have something else with that color. Maybe add some paintings like the ones you already have in a similar blue. Following your idea, a blue lounge chair might work nicely there.

  • 7 years ago
    Yes I actually do like purple or red. Not a fan of orange colors. I will be looking for a chair first and I guess whatever pops out I will go from there. And I will be posting!!! Lolthank you everyone for your help!!!!
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Hi. Your palette is nice where the mix of the cream with transparency, black and white, and the gray. For the mirror I would do a very simple one. A mirror with a mirror border or frame will look sharp and chic. You already have the black frame on your art so I think the mirror should just be plain with a mirrored frame as well. Same mirror material. It'll do the job!

  • 7 years ago
    You could consider keeping it neutral with a dark gray fabric chair and then add texture with fur, cowhide pillows etc. You could add a gold tray to ottoman with a gold framed mirror next to chair and a gold metal side table.
  • 7 years ago

    Think about what a mirror will reflect!!!! Often it ends up showing a gray wall so it adds nothing. Art adds interest, color, texture and even conversation : )

  • 7 years ago
    following
  • 7 years ago
    Ok guys! I think I found one!!! What do you think? It’s gray with stripes.
  • 7 years ago
    It won’t add any color to the room. You’re just keeping it neutral. The suggestions of strong colored chairs and accessories will make it much more attractive. This chair will “work” with the room, but IMO not enhance it. You need a smile in there.....
  • 7 years ago

    Then you can add a mirror with a silver frame to reflect a gray wall : }