0

HELP! Incomplete Livingroom!

Yesenia Rivera

Hello,

I've moved into my house for 18 months now and I can't find an area rug that matched my decor. I am looking for a 9x12 rustic, but dressy rug that will match my sofa and chairs.

I also need a high rustic tv console, up to 43" in height, not longer than 68" wide. I've searched and can't find anything.

I am going to change the coffee table to a wood table, but I'm still looking for that as well.

I also need matching curtains to bring everything together.

And I am looking for a rustic shelving unit with a width of 34", tall 70"

If I can purchase two things off my list of needs, I am ahead of the game. I will purchase through Houzz.

Thanks,

Yesenia

• Suki Kabuki

Pictures please

• Yesenia Rivera

This is my livingroom.

Seldens Furniture

You have some nice pieces to work with. Here are some inspiration pics that incorporate similar upholstery items and have a shabby chic/rustic feel. I would do a more neutral rug and overall color scheme for your room. Good luck!

Transitional Living Rooms · More Info

Chatelet Rectangle Cocktail Table · More Info

Chatelet Round Accent Table · More Info

Belleville Handknotted Wool and Bamboo Viscose Rug · More Info

• groveraxle

It would be helpful to see all walls in the space. Do you have artwork you want to use? I question why you want a media cabinet that is so high and so short. TV consoles almost always look better when longer and lower, and such a tall cabinet will put your TV above eye level, not recommended.

I'm not sure what a rusty and dressy rug would be, nor why it needs to match your sofa and chairs. That is a place to bring in some color and pattern and help inform decor in the rest of the room.

• Yesenia Rivera

Greenwich, CT · More Info

Greenwich, CT · More Info

Contemporary Solid Wood Square Espresso Coffee Table · More Info

Maybe I don't necessarily want rustic. I like the coffee table above. I also liked the side tables on the first picture. I got these all from Houzz. I just need help putting everything together. I will send you more pictures of my living room.

Seldens Furniture

Yes, I wouldn't consider the images you've posted a rustic style, but they are quite nice! The coffee table you've selected would work with the pieces you have. I like the area rugs in both images too. I would still stick with light/more neutral area rug. It will make dark brown pieces, like the coffee table you posted, stand out more.

Lexington Kensington Place Living Room Collection · More Info

.

Yesenia Rivera thanked Seldens Furniture
  • Yesenia Rivera

If you look to the right, it's a half wall with a tv mounted on it. I was told that I should purchase a high tv console or buffet, something that can keep the box on the floor in a size 43 being the highest. I'm not home right now, so I can send you a clearer picture of facing the tv, but this is what I have.

• Yesenia Rivera

This is the left side of the pictures I sent you. Originally, I was going to do two chairs with a separate rug, but my living room is too small to separate. So I changed the chairs around like the pictures above this one with the fire place.

• Yesenia Rivera

I do prefer the darker wood with the furniture.

• Yesenia Rivera

I also wanted a wood/maybe iron book shelve that can fit inside the right of the fireplace. It's about 34" wide. Eventually, I will put a mantle on the fireplace a full one that goes high.

• Yesenia Rivera

Where would I buy the rugs, curtains and tables on Houzz. Do you know the names?

Seldens Furniture

If you don't need the extra storage I would suggest a tall plant in the nook near your fireplace. It's very angular area and a plant would help soften it.

Why Indoor Plants are Great!

• Yesenia Rivera

For the Lexington Kensington Place Living Room Collection, I can only purchase the tables. I would love to purchase the curtains and rug and lamps if I could.

• Yesenia Rivera

Do I purchase a tall real or fake plant

Seldens Furniture

I always prefer a real plant :)

• groveraxle

Real plants only, please.

Before you run out and start buying stuff willy nilly, let's make a plan. If you choose everything at once, then you will know it all works together and you won't be stuck trying to coordinate with odd pieces.

I'm having some trouble figuring out your TV wall, so give us a photo of the whole wall when you get home. I can say that your TV is way too high. For best viewing, a TV should go at eye level which usually puts the center of the screen somewhere around 40" from the floor.

Poonam Choudhary Artist

Here are some ideas to ponder for your wall decor. Good luck and enjoy decor !

To check more unique collections please visit my shop -

http://www.pooviartgallery.com

Gautam Buddha Art · More Info

Geometric painting · More Info

Frida Kahlo Portrait · More Info

• njmomma

following

• groveraxle

Here are a few looks for you. Not sure I care for that clunky coffee table in this room.

• groveraxle

I think the real difficulty with this room is all the pink undertones. It's hard to find a combination that marries everything here.

• Yesenia Rivera

This amazing thank you. Do I purchase the rug from you?

Also this is why I need a high TV console, do you have any?

• Yesenia Rivera

Here's the picture

• Yesenia Rivera

I just reread what you said about the coffee table. What coffee table do you suggest

• Yesenia Rivera

Anything but glass, my 4 year old would destroy it

• Yesenia Rivera

What combination do you suggest to take away from the pink tones

• groveraxle

Yesenia, I don't sell stuff; I have no connection to anyone who does. I will help you source the things you need once we develop a plan for your space. Let me work on your room a bit more, because I'm not fully satisfied with any of the renderings I've done so far.

Here's the thing. All the inspiration photos on this thread, the ones you and Seldens posted, are very white and don't reflect the furniture you have now.

I can't make your room like the one above, but I'll try to give it a similar "feel."

I'll return later with some better options (I hope).

• groveraxle

Mistana Wasser Coffee Table & Reviews | Wayfair · More Info

Marley Pillows | Grandin Road · More Info

Get Suez Bronze Embroidered Faux Linen Sheer Curtains · More Info

I can source all the rugs and pillows if you like any of these.

• Yesenia Rivera

Here are more pictures. This one is of the wall on the opposite side of sofa

• Yesenia Rivera

This is my most favorite rug that you sent me

• Yesenia Rivera

I have this mirror that I can use in this room, but you didn't like the dark colors?

• Yesenia Rivera

My Living-room is small, so I would do a 9x12 rug to bring everything together?

• groveraxle

Hi, Yesenia. I'll go back to the rug and rest of the decor in a minute, but let me address the TV wall first. You don't need a tall TV console; you need to lower the TV instead. It will look better and be more comfortable to watch.

I would not use a mirror in this room. There is nothing of interest to reflect. Use art instead.

I will go back and put that rug back in your room, then look for coordinating pillows and throws to bring it together. As for the size of the rug, tell me how long the sofa is and I can guesstimate the size you need.

• njmomma

Not a Pro.

I may be wrong, but I think the lighting or paint color or both may be creating the pink tones in the room.

Changing out the lights may be all that is needed.

• groveraxle

Gold Metallic Pillow | Etsy · More Info

Metallic Linen Pillow Cover in Platinum/silver 12x18 12x21 | Etsy · More Info

Safavieh Cambridge Wool CAM401A Cambridge Rug · More Info

Everly Quinn Averie End Table with Storage | Wayfair · More Info

Wrought Studio Bovee 28" Table Lamp | Wayfair · More Info

BeverlyFLADeziner

I think the darker wood with the furnishing is not correct. I would select a distressed finish.

TV should be at eye level when SITTING. Low console please an perhaps floating on the wall to minimize the size.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)