Software
Houzz Logo Print
daisyincrete

Midwinter's Day with Tabitha















































Midwinter's day and there is not much flowering in the garden this year, mainly due to a succession of cold and rainy days.

Tabitha has been helping me to find them.

Daisy


Comments (19)

  • 7 years ago

    Not much flowering ...... stop teasing, Daisy.

    I have some ratty pelargoniums and a couple of scruffy Fuchsia flowers still battling the wind and rain. The rest are winter flowerers, honeysuckle, hellebores, Iris unguicularis, violas and the first bit of white showing on the snowdrops in a local park.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
  • 7 years ago

    Your pictures always get me through to spring on this side of the world (southeast US). I love the Rose forum. Next will be California! I can't wait. Love your pictures of the flowers... and Tabitha.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • 7 years ago

    Daisy, thank you so much for the pictures. It made me smile to see such color and beauty. Tabitha looks like she has settled in nicely.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • 7 years ago

    Tabitha is so cute and your comment about not many flowers made me laugh!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • 7 years ago

    She’s already grown so much, and looks so happy! Your garden is looking great, too. Tabitha is a lucky girl! Thank you for sharing these. Lisa

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Lisa Adams
  • 7 years ago

    Yep, the very picture of barren dreariness...not! Still, I have bacopa, salvias, parahebe, nemesias, fuschia, alstros and, slightly alarmingly, a veritable bouquet of osteos...but the killing frosts have not penetrated the brick-walled (and tiny) garden yet. Rather different story at the woods and allotment. Knitting, reading and general slacking because cold and damp though, so winter has its values for idle gardeners such as myself.

    Is that a Lady Hillingdon I can see? Always fancied a yellow tea (Marechal Niel would do too)...but the greenhouse has been colonised with D-i-Ls fancy passiflora so no space for a tearose.

    But hey, hellebore buds and bulb shoots are poking out, so even at midwinter, life is in fulsome display.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked User
  • 7 years ago

    Aw, Tabitha looks so settled. She is beautiful and I gather this is a happy ending for her. Your garden is a feast for the eyes for those of us with winter closing in-mostly rain here now. Rainiest year ever her in Northern Virginia!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
  • 7 years ago

    Oh, the colors, the flowers, even citrus! If you want to see a northwoods midwinter's day, I can show you one! Your baby looks like she knows she's at home and is loved. She's cute as a button. What a little treasure.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
  • 7 years ago

    She is so cute! And so tiny! Although it is about twice the size of you last pictures. I love your dreary Garden by the way. LOL! You crack me up!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 7 years ago

    Sorry all. I meant that there are not so many flowers here, as usual on Midwinter's day.

    Yes Tabitha is growing fast. Her favourite game at present, is demolishing the Christmas Tree.

    I do have Lady Hillingdon Campanula, but that yellow rose is Marechal Niel. It flowers more or less year round in spite of not seeing the sun between October and March.

    Floral, my snowdrops are only just showing. I think it will be the New Year before there are flowers.

    I do have a fuchsia that flowers year round. It is Fuchsia triphylla, possibly Mary. It was given to me as a cutting from a neighbour.






    Daisy

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I love your Mediterranean garden. It is a red letter day when you post. Your new kitty looks lovely, too. I wish you the best for the New Year.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked monarda_gw
  • 7 years ago

    The only bloom in my garden this week is the flowers of hoarfrost. I do however see good buds on H. niger and H. foetidus.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked geoforce
  • 7 years ago

    What a cutie little Tabitha is! She's lucky to find you. ....Don't let her eat any of that tinsel. It's very bad for cats to do that.

    Your gardens look so lush. A nice reminder for all of us who are frozen right now. That's a big, beautiful fuchsia you have growing.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked sandyslopes z6 n. UT
  • 7 years ago

    Such a cute kitty! And, your gardens area always so so so inspirational. You have a gift!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
  • 7 years ago

    Wow,

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked wantonamara Z8 CenTex
  • 7 years ago

    So colorful, thanks for the garden tour. The beautiful plants and flowers are a welcome sight on a winter day... Sweet kitty!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Krista_5NY
  • 7 years ago

    I’d love to be Tabitha! What a lucky girl to get to live in such a gorgeous place! :-)

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
  • 7 years ago

    I think she's going to like it at your house.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked erasmus_gw