Software
Houzz Logo Print
pardiplans

Please vote on painting cabinets white. Yes or no

7 years ago

Considering hiring a pro to paint my cabinets “ simply white” by Ben Moore. I would also update the countertop and backsplash. The kitchen doesn’t seem to “match” or flow well with the dining room space. I love my dining room currently. I’m planning on replacing my breakfast bar with an island And expanding my kitchen by removing the adjoining pantry wall ( attaches to current bar)




Yes white cabs; dark gray island light granite top
No keep cabs the same color, white top, light or white backsplash

Comments (16)

  • 7 years ago

    They look like they r in good shape.

    But yes I can see they would look totally new n fresh if u painted them. Good luck. :)

  • 7 years ago

    Thank you for your feedback

  • 7 years ago

    Trying to vote- and it just says submitting your vote on both options.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    not sure why? How would you vote ?

  • 7 years ago

    I originally would have voted NOT to paint, but changed my vote to YES paint, and it did go through :)

  • 7 years ago

    I wouldn’t. I’d change out that backsplash and countertop though. And if you’re feeling rich, the black appliances too.

  • 7 years ago

    I agree with the above comment - keep the cabinets, swap the rest - maybe swap the cabinet hardware for something darker? Not sure I love the dark, thin, long backsplash tile with the large, lighter, square floor tiles. I'd also consider warming up the dining room with an area rug.

  • 7 years ago

    I would do the crown molding treatment for the cabinet, and change out the dark appliances.

    Tricia Foley thanked sloyder
  • 7 years ago

    I would keep the cabinets the way they are. They look to be in excellent condition, I love black appliances though, and dislike stainless, so I would be keeping the appliances. You could definitely use some updated nicer hardware on the cabinets. The backsplash looks nice, but, I would probably replace the outdated countertops. You have a very nice kitchen, and looks well maintained and clean.

    Tricia Foley thanked cat_ky
  • 7 years ago

    The problem you are seeing is that you have a bright room (bright cabinets, floor) with a dark backsplash and dark appliances so the darkness in the center is directing your eyes to it, sucking you in visually. The other problem is that dark colors have visual "weight" so it feels unbalanced that the floor is lighter than the backsplash.

  • 7 years ago

    I have decided to paint the cabinets and replace the countertop and knock down my pantry wall... here is the progress


  • 7 years ago

    I love it when people post what they decided and come back with pictures! Thank you! I would've voted to paint them white. ;)

    Tricia Foley thanked weezel
  • 7 years ago
    Can’t wait to see final pictures. Thanks for sharing
  • 7 years ago

    Wow!! Yes please come back and post the progress.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I think I may go with this backsplash or possibly the same colors in a herringbone pattern... the new countertop will be piatra gray by caesarstone!