Software
Houzz Logo Print
daveyola

before and after: dog peek window

13 years ago
finally got one of these after waiting for a fence repair - dogs love it!

awesome - or ridiculous?
awesome!
ridiculous...

Comments (21)

  • 13 years ago
    Dogs love to see what is going on. Mine have a chair in the dining room by the window to survey their surroundings.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    oh love this!!!!
  • 13 years ago
    Where did you get this particular style.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Daveyola, LOL. I've been "on the fence" on this product forever as a finishing touch for my son's outdoor sleepover space. Have to ask if you've put your human head in it and had a look around. Your dogs seem pretty psyched to have it!
  • 13 years ago
    for folks who are interested: i got this particular one at http://www.petpeek.info

    note: you will need a jigsaw to cut the circle correctly, and while i did it myself quite easily in about 15 minutes, you may want somebody to help out (particularly holding the flange on while sliding screws through to the opposite side of the fence)
  • 13 years ago
    Omg, I love this! That is so adorable and clever! I just want to know the thoughts going through these pups' minds now. :P
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    awesome!
  • 13 years ago
    My dogs would end up barking at everything they saw with one of these!
  • 13 years ago
    That's my worry, Nancy. They already bark enough at the dog next door. If they could see him would they bark more or less? But I absolutely love the idea!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Super cute! Keep in mind that smelling their surroundings is as important to dogs as seeing them is... and nose marks.
  • 13 years ago
    awesome......just ordered 4 now. and i will figure out what to do with them next. they are $35 each.
  • 13 years ago
    We have two of these in our fence. Our dogs and the dogs next door love, love, them. My Mother brings her three chi over to bark at the babies next door.
  • 13 years ago
    Absolutely brilliant!!!! A happy pup there!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    My Boxers would have loved this window and I think it would have actually kept their barking down too because they could have seen what was going on out there. They took it turns to sit at the front window to watch for incoming, lol, and barked less when it was their turn at the window.

    Sadly, my last Boxer passed at the age of 13 years in the pet food contamination horror. My life has changed a lot since then (retired, remarried, and moved to Scotland) and I haven't had heart nor opportunity to find a new canine companion. Nowadays a Siamese-Abyssinian cross is King of our home but those eager dog faces in the fab fence window has me wondering - could the cat find it in his heart to share the space with a Boxer pup?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I love the Boxer AND the window! Some dogs bark out of boredom and I think this would help alleviate boredom. It would probably depend on the breed. I know my Boxer, Dante, would love it.
  • 13 years ago
    FABULOUS IDEA :-)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It sure brought a big smile to my face. This is hilarious! I hope it's a good thing. Some say they bark less when they can see what's going on. I'm telling my daughter about this. This is something else! What else is there out there that we don't know about? Oh My!!!
  • 13 years ago
    lov this my animals would fight over who was using it
  • 13 years ago
    where can I get 1 or maybe 2 lol
  • 13 years ago
    awesome - LOL my pup would want me to add one to the living room!