Software
Houzz Logo Print
lizzysisti

laundry room vs kitchen

7 years ago

I have a first floor laundry room (small, but it's own space with room for a countertop, side by side laundry, and a window). I also have a small kitchen. Minimal cabinets and counter space. The kitchen has potential to be larger, but it's a very awkward space with a lot of dead space. I have the ability to move the laundry to a closet in my first floor master bedroom and then expand my kitchen. Is a larger kitchen more valuable than a separate laundry room? I really love having a separate laundry room so that I can close the door when I get behind on laundry and no one has to see it. I could also move the laundry to a separate room in the basement. It's a walkout basement and the laundry room would be located next to a mudroom style space. Ahhhh! My wheels are turning and I'm getting overwhelmed with the decisions. We don't plan to be here forever, and would like to increase value.

Comments (7)