0

Chair #1 or chair #2???

Anwar

Trying to decide on a bedroom chair. I'd use it for reading/relaxing but would also work in it (laptop, talking on phone) sometimes. Chair #1 doesn't have an ottoman; chair #2 does. Any thoughts on which one looks like a better option for comfort, looks, function? Thanks!

Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

They are both very nice chairs. But where is it going to go in that room? From the photo we cannot see the space for the chair. If you have room for the chair and ottoman, that would work. If not, then Chair #2. Only you can determine which is more comfortable for your use.

• H B

If you hope to work, ottoman may be invaluable to set computer down, etc.

• Anwar
    Here’s the other side of the room. It’s a very narrow room, and there’s a door just to the left of the dresser.
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

Could you fit the chair in the corner? And move the dresser somewhere else? The only other place for the chair is scooched between the windows, but it would seem to be very awkward there.

• Anwar
    I could fit the chair in the corner. Then the dresser would need to go between the windows or on the wall opposite the windows.
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

Then I would use the wing chair and ottoman. It's very practical and comfortable for reading and working--as a matter of fact, I'm sitting in a wing chair with my feet on the ottoman right now! And I always set the laptop on the ottoman when I get up!

• Anwar
    Hmm...
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC

Wow, that chest of drawers is beautiful! It is rather large for the room, though. I do like the chair and ottoman in the corner.

• Anwar
    Thanks. It didn’t seem so large when it was in the corner! I’m going to try the dresser back where it was and the chair at the foot of the bed facing the dresser.
  • Anwar
    OK, be honest: Does it look terrible if I put the dresser in front of this door? I don’t need to access the door. I could put a mirror on top of the dresser to conceal the door further. But please tell me if it looks silly. I can’t get any other furniture arrangement to work.
  • cpaul1

I think it would be nice to have a chair and ottoman, but I wouldn't pick that one. It's too dull, too boring, too dingy of a color. I would get something better than that. Something with a better color and with a more distinct pattern.

• annied75
    If you don't use that door, then I would put the bed across that wall. You can then fit the dresser and chair at the other end of the room.

I would then look to cover the door blocked by the bed.
  • annied75

Something like this.

Contemporary Bedroom · More Info
  • Mrs Pete

I like your bed.

I'd use the ottoman with the chair. You say you'll sometimes sit in it to work, and putting your feet up is more relaxing.

If you're not going to use that door /want to put the dresser in front of it, I'd install a full wall of curtains, even though you have no window on that wall ... it'd add some softness to the room, and it'd hide the door. You could even put wall-mounted files behind it for the times you're working.

I don't mind that the room's narrow, but the bed not being centered in the room bothers me. I see that you have limited space, so I'd do some built-in nightstands on each side ... something very minimal.

• ulisdone

I agree, cover the unused door wall with fabric and place your bed there; it is very awkward and a bit creepy to have an access door open into the side of a bed.