Software
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_nikonova

Which mirror is best for this dresser?

Hello, I have a dresser near the bed in the one-room appartment. It is for renting out and I want to create beautiful interior for the tenants. Which mirror shape and size is best? The dresser is 5'2,9" in width. I have a bathroom where I'm planning to hang a round mirror like on the last photo and I'm not shure whether I need to repeat it in the living room. I have a hallway which is visible from the room and it will have a large mirror with a thick black frame. Thank you








Comments (20)

  • last month

    Some fashions in decorating depend on where you are in the world. Where are you? What do you see in local magazines or websites?


    If you want international Ikea style, choose the round mirror. Replace it in a few years when the current fad is over.

  • last month

    If there’s a mirror in the bathroom, you don’t need one above the dresser. That spot really needs a large piece of art/tapestry, etc…

    Alexandra Nikonova thanked Anne Duke
  • PRO
    last month
    last modified: last month

    If the bathroom has a mirror IMO no need for one in the bedroom. A nice piece of art would be a good idea and some nice bedding for sure. IMO too many mirrors are just too many .Please do a headboard for that bed.

    Alexandra Nikonova thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • last month

    @Anne Duke I'm already planning to have two large art pieces in the room in the other two spaces

  • last month

    @Patricia Colwell Consulting I was planning to hang a large art piece above the bed and a large art piece between the two racks which I have in another part of the room, I'm afraid there will be too many art pieces

  • last month

    A full length mirror is a useful tool for tenants even on the back of a door, if not desired as a room accent. Lots of practical reasons for more than 1 mirror in a living space such as one person getting dressed while the bathroom is occupied.

    Alexandra Nikonova thanked lisaam
  • last month
    last modified: last month

    @lisaam the walls would be like that, so maybe that's really too much mirrors (in addition to the bathroom mirror)



  • last month

    Agreed that one of those mirrors would be better as artwork.

    Alexandra Nikonova thanked lisaam
  • last month

    @lisaam so is it fine if I have artwork above the dresser and an artwork above the bed? I don't know what to do with the space above the bed. I could hang a shelf but I already have two large racks at the other wall

  • last month

    @shirlpp thanks, I'm new to this place and thought it would be better to ask specific questions

  • last month

    I see that Jan Moyer mentioned something like what I said in another one of your dilemmas.


    Do you think your tenant might want to watch tv in this space - thus, maybe on top of the dresser might be a good spot for it.

    Alexandra Nikonova thanked shirlpp
  • PRO
    last month

    It's very difficult for anyone to help you. You have three separate posts on the same small room. a rental.........to whom? Is this a room in your home? You are renting to a student? To a couple?

    I mentioned earlier that we don't even know the dimensions of the room, don't know if you have the best furniture arrangement, Best way to know is a drawing of the room, and measure, note all the dimensions in feet and inches. Not the sizes of the furnishings that MUST be in the room.

    Alexandra Nikonova thanked JAN MOYER
  • last month

    @JAN MOYER as I said before, I'm new to this website and didn't know how to ask questions right. Now I know that I need to provide more information, thank you. Two days ago I posted the measurments in the rack post and mentioned you and wrote about the flat. I don't know who I will rent to, I'm planning to make a post and see who will be interested.

  • PRO
    last month
    last modified: last month

    You can't make a post on houzz to see who will be interested in renting your space.

    It is a studio, so you need space for no more than two people (and they would have to like each other a lot to live in tight quarters).

    For two people, you could two twins with storage, arranged corner to corner. With bed storage and the large closet pieces, there is no need for the bureau and another mirror.



    That would allow more open floor space.

    Where is the kitchen?

    Photo of the other end of the room, please.

    Alexandra Nikonova thanked oncape
  • last month

    Alexandra, just so you know, the @ does not always work on this site like it does on some social media ones.

    Good question above-what about a TV?

    Alexandra Nikonova thanked kcooz07
  • last month

    Here is another one of the posts with the drawing/dimensions.

    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6582115/which-rack-placement-is-better#n=36


    Alexandra Nikonova thanked kcooz07
  • last month

    I would put circlar mirror, Try to find large one with wooden trim.

    Alexandra Nikonova thanked sofikbr
  • last month

    @oncape I meant I will make a post in my local community, not on Houzz.


    I've never seen beds like this before, I thought one wide bed is a classic desicion for any flat for rent. I'm not sure it would be comfortable for a couple to sleep in two separate narrow beds.

  • last month

    @kcooz07 Thanks for clarifying, I think I will continue mentioning, just won't have hope now that people will se it haha


    There is a wardrode at the opposite wall and there is no place to watch tv from. They could do it from the bed, but isn't it weird to watch something that is on the side, not on the front? Would it be uncomfortable? Also people would have to lay in bed every time they want to watch TV which is also strange. So I'm not sure about the TV.