Software
Houzz Logo Print
geov999

suggestions on cabinet color

7 years ago
Here is picture of my backsplash and quartz countertops. Will be painting the cabinets. It’s a small kitchen. 9.5x9.5. It’s opens to the living dining area. I was originally going to do all white. All the walls in house are/will be linen white. Now I’m wondering if to sterile looking. The color in the backsplash is green glass and stone.

Would like your ideas, thoughts, suggestions. Thank you. Gail

Comments (15)

  • PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Linen white is yellow and hardly sterile. It is a warm white. Paint your trim Decorator’s White and your cabinets B.M Silver Chain to work with the grout. Forget the glass tiles…not right in color and a waste of money.







  • 7 years ago

    Gail, please show a closer view of the backsplash. I like what you did.

  • 7 years ago

    Can you share pictures of your kitchen floor and the adjoining room?

  • 7 years ago
    I like the backsplash as it is. Maybe cabinets in a pale greenish gray color....that wouldn’t look “sterile” and the backsplash would pop.
  • 7 years ago
    Hi, here are some additional photos.
    1) corner so you can see color of walls, backsplash and cabinet
    2) close up of backsplash (not yet grouted)
    3) floor is covered but here is a corner. White/ beige colors. Travertine look. Will be cleaned when all is done
    4) picture into adjoining room. There will be new windows and treatments, chandelier...
    5) Sofa is cream / very light tan color. Dining table is off white round. Floors in living /dining area dark / mahogany like laminate. Not changing those.
  • 7 years ago

    I like your backsplash. it's different. almost a mcm type of vibe.


    I'd do more modern looking handles than those cup pulls since it would be a better fit w/the tile.


    you could always do a soft green,

    or two tone green and soft white

    SW Alabaster on the cabs.



  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I think that white for the cabinets will look clean and fresh (not sterile) but I would go with a white like your back splash tile and not into the yellow/white of your walls.

    Is there a reason you have knobs on some of your upper cabinets and pulls on others?

  • 7 years ago

    I can't help you picking your color, but I wanted to let you know that I Love your backsplash.

  • 7 years ago
    Thanks everyone. The hardware will be the bar pulls everywhere. The knobs and cup pulls are the old hardware. I’ve considered sage green, some shade of white and not a yellow white, or even shade of blue to go with the green. Here is picture of window in y entry way which leads right into kitchen
  • 7 years ago

    White uppers, green (yeah...liking the sage...) lowers. Or maybe BM Palladian blue, which is a really wonderful blue/green.

  • 7 years ago
    Too late, Judy G....the glass tiles are already installed in the backsplash!
    I think you have a unique and very attractive backsplash.
    The glass mosaic tiles give a nice bit of color without overwhelming the small kitchen. I like it so much I put that picture in my photos.
    Depending upon your furnishings, drapes and other colored items in the adjacent spaces, you could do the cabinets in white white and the kitchen walls in a light pastel to match one of the tones in the glass mosaic tile.
    The linen white elsewhere will be nice with the white trim. I just had my white-cabinet kitchen painted in a light green DunnEdwards color called Lazy Caterpillar. My kitchen is bright during the day because of a large skylight over the island. The color is crisp and cheerful, and a bit quieter at night.
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    just grab some samples and try them out. only way to see what you like




    added some whites to the mix






    This is her Boxwood color that she had colored match to do her cabinets.

  • 7 years ago
    Thank you everyone. I have a lot of light in the kitchen two corner windows around the sink. I’m going to grab some color samples tomorrow. I like the two tone idea. White uppers and green or green/blue bottom. Now I’m getting excited. . Since I opened up the wall I also have extra cabinets to try colors on.. which I’ll definitely do. Many, many thanks.
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    We love Beth's idea of doing the cabinet's green, if you can live with the cabinet's being green for as long as you are in the house. As long as you love that color, then go for it. Otherwise we would choose white.

    Belvedere Project · More Info