0

Looking for a little info

dstickrod77

I am looking at a couple gold hosta and would appreciate any info people could provide. They are Granary Gold and Golden Oriole

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Well, I just looked through this years G post for hostas, nobody posted photos of either of these so I’m guessing very few are growing them. Just try them, then you can post about them!

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

both appear to be eric smith hosta .... aka.. very old ... have you found a seller.. because i am wondering if they are even available ...

they were state of the art in the 1980's .... at one time.. i had to try to own all of the eric smith plants ...

all that said.. i am surprised something newer and better.. hasnt come along in the intervening years .... is there any reason you are fixated on these particular ones??? .. if not .. a new post with the traits you are focusing on.. might get you suggestions ... apparently yellow and medium size are the key right now ...

below is a link to the hosta library .... on any named plant page.. there is a link at the top of the pix part ... to the myhosta databse ... where you can find some very interesting facts ...

ken

http://www.hostalibrary.org/

go figure.. i have pix of Golden Oriele ... do note.. its a spring yellow.. significantly greening later in the year ...

may 8th

dstickrod77 thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • dstickrod77

Ken, thanks for posting those pictures. I am looking for a few yellows to add to highlight some blues and dark greens that I've planted the last couple of years. I do have a newer one coming, Effervescence. Another one I came up on is Aspen Gold and it's an older one too. I have found a seller of it and the other 2 as well. And I have a Fire Island that I could divide.