Software
Houzz Logo Print
alana8asc

This totally describes me!

7 years ago

There was this post / on FB today that totally describes me as I am going outside. So I wanted to share. It's in the comments.

Comments (10)

  • 7 years ago

  • 7 years ago

    Alana, that is so true. Thank you!

    Alana8aSC thanked Genevre
  • 7 years ago

    That's a good one... I might add to it though and say that it never begins, because it never ends... it's ongoing, at least unless I get snowed in... I have this fantasy of shutting up shop for a couple of months but it rarely happens... this is surely true of anyone who is zone 7 or higher...?..

    Alana8aSC thanked User
  • 7 years ago

    I get a little bits at the time that I can't be outside doing anything, mostly holiday break during the winter. But January is when I go back in the yard. So I say it's TRUE for me in zone 8a and we also get some break for weather. Mostly after January. But what you said is most likely true for zone 9 and higher, maybe 8b. I can't speak for them. I could be just an exception since I get enough cold for gallicas Marlorena, I am not sure. But for me this is true. Some year it starts in October, the end, when I start getting my Winter break, sometimes it November, or heaven forbid even early December. But I'm always back out in the yard sometime in January.

  • 7 years ago

    Another one!

  • 7 years ago

    Yes Melissa I take breaks in the heat as well!

    I've been weeding. Last year this time I was cutting out the endless trees trying to take over. Oak seedlings coming up everywhere. I leave some. Mostly the big leaf oaks. Take out the smaller leaf ones that don't go dormant.

    My weeds did not seem to die this year, no matter what weather we had. When I took the kids to school this morning my car said it was 24 degrees. Weatherman said we were 27 or 26, but we got lower. Windchill was supposed to have us at 11 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder.

  • 7 years ago

    I too have been weeding and in general cleaning up when weather permits. The heat of summer always does me in and last year, to top it off, we had a chigger out break! So my garden is filled with winter projects.

    Alana8aSC thanked Deborah MN zone 4
  • 7 years ago

    The dream continues.

    It has been pouring all week so I haven't been able to even pull any weeds.

    I may try to defoliate all of the roses on my deck

    I feel the need to do something


    Alana8aSC thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • 7 years ago

    That heat in the summer does me in too Deborah. I get behind every summer..

    So sorry Kristine! I was there when we were getting it! But it was three days a week, not a week.