Software
Houzz Logo Print
darren_harwood

1st year anniversary ...

7 years ago

... of growing roses! And now I have 96 different roses in my garden, 30 of those being David Austin’s. Does that mean I’ve passed the test and can be veriefied as a fanatic? If not, I’m getting there. Haha. Thanks again to everyone on here who has helped me select the collection I now have. Your knowledge and kindness has helped shape my garden into what it is today!


Sending you all my love,

D. XO

Comments (14)

  • 7 years ago

    Wow time does fly lol. You have created a lot of beauty in a year. You have probably learned a ton and got a lot of enjoyment from your roses and that's the best! :)

  • 7 years ago

    96 in a year? Wow, that’s incredible! The best part is when I tell my husband ”See? I’m not as bad as you think!” LOL

  • 7 years ago

    Lol Oursteelers, I can do the same thing, so thanks Darren for making me with only 60 look like a lightweight.

    I am waiting for my invite to your reveal party

    Ill bring the scones


  • 7 years ago

    It has been such a pleasure getting to know you and Ava and your stunning garden Darren !! In one year you have done so much , not to mention all the other plants besides roses you collect, and your stunning home. Happy one year anniversary!!! Lots of love !

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Happy Anniversary Darren!! What an accomplishment! And 30 Austin’s—what glory! Does this make you a full-fledged rosarian? (I must admit I’m a little afraid to count...but surely, I’m not at 96 yet...most certainly not...I’m sure I only have 20, or 30 or 60...hmmm.) :-) Lol!

  • 7 years ago

    You've earned your racing stripes, Darren, having races up to almost one hundred roses in one year. We expect you to set up camp among the roses this spring when they're all blooming and report back here with tons of pictures.

  • 7 years ago

    Happy Anniversary =). Looking forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful garden this spring.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Darren,

    Your Roses Forum comrades know through their own blood, sweat, and tears shed in establishing their own rose domains, the amount of work it took for you to create your rose garden. You have accomplished in such a short time, an incredible feat. We are in awe.

    I hope you have reached a point where the balance between hard work and standing back, or should I say, sitting back, and enjoying the fruits of all your labors has now fazed in.

    I also hope that you enjoy your roses as much as we have reveled in being introduced to you, a fine British gentleman, and in following your remarkable venture into roses.

    Moses

  • 7 years ago
    Aww !! Moses that is so sweet of the way you wrote.
    Well, Darren, me dearest. Happy Anniversary to you ! You made a heaven in your garden with blooms all over and trust me it looks so elegant .
    Moses, is so right in every aspect of the way. All your hard work is paid off so enjoy your garden as it will flourish with colours.

    xoxoxo Jin
  • 7 years ago

    It's been so nice Darren, to go from meeting you, to seeing your beautiful garden grow from the ground up. Thanks for sharing the process with us, and letting us see the incredible results. You have a real talent for gardening (those beautifully edged lawns!). I look forward to seeing more of your garden in 2019!

  • 7 years ago

    96 roses in one year - that's some accomplishment! Congratulations, and wishing you endless joy from your endeavors! Verified!

  • 7 years ago

    Do you have a clone of you lying around, Darren? Sure would like to import him over here to help with transforming my garden to something as gorgeous as to what you have going on across the Atlantic. Kidding aside, I totally share Roselady's comment! Looking forward to your garden's progression in 2019!

  • 7 years ago

    Wow! Timeflies! Congratulations and looking forward to seeing you Garden this spring.