0

Pictures in Hosta Comparisons

mae (zone 5b On)

When I use the Comparisons feature, the photos show just as a small strip. Can anyone help...how do I get the entire picture to show? It works fine when I use my I pad but not when I'm on the computer.

• DTeager

Hard to say what the problem is. What computer? What browser? You might try asking at the American Hosta Society Facebook page, which gets lots of eyeballs (including the folks who run the Hosta Library).

mae (zone 5b On) thanked DTeager
  • mae (zone 5b On)

Thanks for the advice DTeager. Will give that a try.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

it took me a while to find it.. but i think this is what maw is talking about ..

on my laptop .... each pic is half a page width ....the bigger/wider the page.. the bigger each pic is ... i wonder if your zoom is out of whack .... unfortunately.. for the life of me.. i dont remember which buttons change it.. lol ... <control> ... something .. maybe <plus> or <minus> ... yup.. try that on the link page.. the pix change size... but the letters get tinier for these poor old eyes ....

ken

http://www.pwk.resteddoginn.ca/compare_hl.php

mae (zone 5b On) thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • mae (zone 5b On)

LOL Ken! My computer skills are so minimal (As revealed by my question) But I will try clicking here and there to see what happens. If all else fails I'll wait for kids/grandkids to help me out.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

control button CTRL is at bottom left of keyboard ... hold it down ... then hit the plus or minus button over by the number buttons [probably minus for you] ... come on.. i gotta win this one ... lol ... as in 9 +3 .. over there on the right ... adjust the trifocals if you dont see it... lol ...

or i am wrong ... lol

ken

• mae (zone 5b On)

Ken, I learned something new today and that, they say, is good for an aging brain! So I followed your instructions Ken and sure enough the picture can be made larger or smaller. Unfortunately, the entire picture still doesn't show up... the strip of the picture just gets larger/smaller. Anyway thank you for the laughs and in todays computer challenge I think you have earned a point for trying to help and a second point for correctly guessing that I wear trifocals :)

The grand prize for today however goes to DTeager. When I change browsers to firefox I can see the entire photo as the creators intended.

Points also awarded to all who thought that I might not know what a browser is...also correct. More LOL!!!

Thanks to all participants. Time for me now to compare and get my 2019 order started!

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.

Right at the very top of the comparison page is the following:

" CompareHL: 7622 Hostas (version PK1.9 - 2019/01/19) - original concept by Hugo Philips - Note: this routine uses Javascripting and works best in Firefox, Chrome. Edge is useless, forget about IE 11...and don't know about Safari, I'm a PC guy "

I checked and verified the browser comments still hold true only 3 days ago and I'm not aware of any browser upgrades since then.

It sounds to me as if you may be using Microsoft Internet Explorer which exhibits exactly the same behaviour for me. Microsoft Edge shows the home page with full images but you cannot navigate the menu. Get the kids/grandkids to install a current version of either Firefox or Chrome and set that as your default browser.

If anyone is on a Mac perhaps you could let me know how the Comparison pages do under Safari, I haven't a clue...

Pieter

mae (zone 5b On) thanked Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
  • ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

I think you have earned a point for trying to help and a second point for correctly guessing that I wear trifocals :)

==>>>

crikey.. i wanted to win one point ... and eureka.. i got two ... i am a winner ... lol ...

now you can smack talk the kids and grandkids.. about your computer knowledge ... lol ...

tri focals is the base reason i learned what i taught you .... so i wasnt a leap .... so the second point might be a gimme ... lol.. but ill take it ....

ken

• mae (zone 5b On)

Thank you to everyone Lessons learned, fine print did indeed explain all!