Software
Houzz Logo Print
smotheredburrito

Progress and more tweaking.

7 years ago

Should I add something to left of TV? I feel like it will be difficult to find something that complements the art on the right (one of a kind, custom framed artwork)

I did hang some artwork that was slightly smaller but it just seemed to detract from the other art.

What about something like this wall art? the art is 49" and the circles are 43"

or just leave it blank on that side?

Comments (17)

  • 7 years ago
    I was going to suggest putting the picture on the other side and reposition the floorlamp and a maybe a slightly later plant.
  • 7 years ago
    *taller*
  • 7 years ago
    Picture looks better on right side. I had it on the left but the wall plate messed with the aesthetics. I could try the lamp on the other side and see how that looks.
  • PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    You might want to consider some additional lighting to show off your artwork. And yes, try the circles on the other side. Look at it and see if you like it.


  • 7 years ago

    Here is the circle decor on the wall.

  • 7 years ago
    I don’t think the circles work. Just not interesting. Maybe a rectangular picture that’s not as wide as the other so it doesn’t hang too close to the switch plate. The switch plate will disappear from your focus pretty quickly anyway.
  • 7 years ago
    Funny thing is I did try a rectangular picture that was slightly smaller and it just looked off.
  • 7 years ago
    Maybe 4 smaller pictures stacked in a square on the left something in black n white.
  • 7 years ago

    I keep thinking that the artwork belongs on the other side of the tv where you can enjoy it close up each time you walk by. Right now you only have a distance view. Then you can put a tall bookcase or etagere where the picture currently is which will give you some display space for smaller grouping and a bit of storage too.

  • 7 years ago
    The wallplate crowds the art on the other side. And ironically, I originally had the artwork on the other side and had an etagere where the art is and people around here hated that setup. lol
  • 7 years ago

    Could we see the lamp over there, minus the circles on the wall? Keep wishing, too, that maybe one of the plants could go beside the tv....out of the stand it is in?

  • 7 years ago

    lol! Oh well, that's off the table then.


    If the art is staying on that side, then the issue is to associate it visually with the tv and console. Right now they are very separate: they are spaced apart and the art is higher which gives it greater visual importance than the tv even though the tv is supposed to be the focus.


    I've mocked up a closer arrangement here. The picture is moved down and in a bit and I used that silver thing to give the tv some height. Optimally, your art would be smaller so that it could be at the same height or lower than the tv.




  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I like the circles in the position of the first posting. The 3 D nature of them gives some nice texture and interest. Art is subjective and if it rocks your boat, that's all that matters. Everyone on this forum will have what they think is an "educated opinion" but at the end of the day, it's your space.

  • 7 years ago

    Off center the tv a little to the left. ?

  • 7 years ago

    What about finding something similar to your custom art and framing it. It won't be that difficult to find similar city landscape.

  • 7 years ago

    Do you have another wall to place the artwork? It is almost the same size as the tv and they seem to fight each other. I'm not sure you need anything on that wall. Instead, I'd add long curtains to the windows to help ground and balance the space.