Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kingadrian

Kohler Whitehaven Flush Reveal

kingadrian
5 years ago

Hi my Kohler Whitehaven sink was just installed yesterday. I told the installer I wanted a flush reveal.

I am attaching a few picture of the sink. Do you think they did the install correctly?

Need advice. Thank you.

Comments (9)

• kingadrian
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi:

Oops my bad. I thought I was set on a flush reveal..:(

Is my sink's reveal considered negative or flush in your opinion?

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

The Cook's Kitchen is correct and said it quite well, Kohler specifies a slight positive reveal.

Having said that, you don't have a negative reveal from what I can see, and it's as flush as it probably can ever get. You'll need to be vigilant with keeping the area between the sink and the countertop clean (muck most likely will get trapped there if you don't clean it regularly). Other than that, and though I like a slight positive reveal for this style sink (also getting Kohler Whitehaven's), if you want that flush reveal, you've got it, and I think it's totally fine. I have seen 'as flush as flush can be' with Whitehaven's before here on GW/Houzz, for what it's worth : )

kingadrian thanked 2ManyDiversions
  • kingadrian
    Original Author
    5 years ago

In my last house, I had an undermount sink too that had a slightly positive reveal, i kept on seeing the white caulk / sealant getting dingy, so I thought this time i don't want to see that caulk line...my husband will probably scream if I ever said one more thing about this sink install :(

Thankfully it's not a negative reveal (worst fear of mine). Phew.

I will baby this sink and it's surrounding :)

Thank you everyone..

• Sammy
    5 years ago

Looks good, kingadrian!

kingadrian thanked Sammy
  • kingadrian
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you Sammy :)

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    5 years ago

The sink looks great. I would be incredibly annoyed that the countertop person didn’t explain what was standard and what was not and why.

kingadrian thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • jhmarie
    5 years ago

My Whitehaven looks very similar - I didn't even know about "reveals" at that time, and the fabricator used the standard Kohler Whitehaven template. I have had my sink 2.5 years and have not found the caulk line to be a problem or difficult to keep clean. After I had my sink about 4 months, I decided to get the grills for the bottom. They are wonderful - my sink looks practically new and other then being sensibly careful, as I am with any nice surface in the house, I have not needed to "baby" it:) It is a hard working sink, and one of my favorite things in my kitchen.

kingadrian thanked jhmarie
  • kingadrian
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Zalco: Thank you..this guy said he had done it many times and he recommended flush reveal--which was what I thought I wanted :)

Jhmarie: I just bought that split sink rack, due to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait. I had that rack too for my Blanco and Rohl sink. I can't stop staring at my new sink :)