0
lisarai

Ceiling color dilemma

lisarai

What ceiling color works with SW Maison Blanche 7526? The trim is Extra White.

thanks!

MS Colours Inc

SW Panda white

lisarai thanked MS Colours Inc
  • tatts

Ceiling white. It's made for a reason. No dilemma.

lisarai thanked tatts
  • Missi Rogge (4b IA)

Does it have to be a white ceiling? Maybe paint it a color!

• Kristy

A lot of advice says to paint the ceiling and trim the same color, so you could use Extra White. I did this with my ceiling and trim (in Benjamin Moore Frostine) and like the look.

MS Colours Inc

What room is the ceiling in?

• groveraxle

I almost always paint my ceilings the same color as the walls.

• Jen K
    Just painted our whole home SW Softer Tan. Maison Blanche was 2nd option but with our lighting, it was too light. We did everything the same color; ceilings in flat and walls in low luster (all low luster in baths). Trim in SW Dover White. I love it. Such a beautiful change from flat and scuffed up builder's griege from from two owners ago.

We chose the same colors for both wall and ceiling because it's a smaller space, moderately high ceilings and desire for continuity. Without ceiling crown moulding the transition would be stark and weird.

I feel white on the ceiling is best with stronger wall colors; Maison Blanche is not that. However a white ceiling color such as Greek Villa would allow MB to have a role.

We accidentally purchased MB (long story) and rolled it on the ceiling; it was so light, it could be have been a ceiling paint for a darker color.

I have always found that color to read pink so I would just use the same as the trim