Your shopping cart is empty.
lisarai

Ceiling color dilemma

lisarai
February 17, 2019

What ceiling color works with SW Maison Blanche 7526? The trim is Extra White.

thanks!

Comments (8)

• PRO
    MS Colours Inc

SW Panda white

lisarai thanked MS Colours Inc
  • tatts

Ceiling white. It's made for a reason. No dilemma.

lisarai thanked tatts
  • Missi Rogge (4b IA)

Does it have to be a white ceiling? Maybe paint it a color!

• Kristy

A lot of advice says to paint the ceiling and trim the same color, so you could use Extra White. I did this with my ceiling and trim (in Benjamin Moore Frostine) and like the look.

• PRO
    MS Colours Inc

What room is the ceiling in?

• groveraxle

I almost always paint my ceilings the same color as the walls.

• Jen K
    Just painted our whole home SW Softer Tan. Maison Blanche was 2nd option but with our lighting, it was too light. We did everything the same color; ceilings in flat and walls in low luster (all low luster in baths). Trim in SW Dover White. I love it. Such a beautiful change from flat and scuffed up builder's griege from from two owners ago.

We chose the same colors for both wall and ceiling because it's a smaller space, moderately high ceilings and desire for continuity. Without ceiling crown moulding the transition would be stark and weird.

I feel white on the ceiling is best with stronger wall colors; Maison Blanche is not that. However a white ceiling color such as Greek Villa would allow MB to have a role.

We accidentally purchased MB (long story) and rolled it on the ceiling; it was so light, it could be have been a ceiling paint for a darker color.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

I have always found that color to read pink so I would just use the same as the trim

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).