0

27 inch double wall oven under $2000 doable?

mapel32742
I am replacing my Dacor 27 inch wall ovens. Probably not staying in the house more than 3-5 years.

Any suggestions for a moderately priced dual oven?

GreenDesigns

30" is the standard, and no, you will need a larger budget. You should leave well enough alone, or alter the space to put in a 30". None of that will be below 2K.

• iamtiramisu
    Maybe if you buy used, floor model or scratch & dent
  • badgergal

Check out AJ Madison’s website they show 4 models in stainless that are under $2,000. Better yet Home Depot has an appliance sale going on right now and has fourteen 27” double ovens less than $2,000.

Be sure to check the specs for each oven compared to your cut out space. The height of the new ovens might be several inches different than your old one. You may have to modify the cabinet.

• wilson853

In my previous kitchen I swapped 27" double ovens for a 30" set. The appliance store used a local cabinet maker for these types of situations. He came at the same time as the appliance guys and cut the opening a bit bigger for the 30" set. Also check Sears Outlet. When we remodeled I found a brand new Kitchenaid Warming drawer there - still had the blue plastic on the inside for a fraction of the cost. They have a decent website but if you have one near you it is worth stopping in.

• weedmeister

I think my friend got her GE double ovens for less than that from Lowes...

• kevinande

I found a clearance deal at Lowes and haggled the store manager down to $400 on my GE. I had 24" in my home and had a carpenter come in and redo the space for 30" very pleased. Deals can be had if you are willing to put in the work. Looking on line is not always the best way, Some times you need to burn some petro.

• LK M

FWIW the GE Double Wall oven is less than $1900 right now a bunch of places, including AJ Madison. Not profile, not cafe, not monogram but upper convection and good reviews.