0

What A Difference a Little Paint Makes

Due to flooding damage the drywall had to be removed, which gave me the opportunity to repaint this room after the drywall was replaced, and for the new color I chose SW Sea Salt. I took that opportunity to make some changes in my wall art and some of my porcelain collection, and even those small changes, along with the new wall color, made this room seem so much fresher.

I'll post before and after pictures below.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

So sorry about the duplicates. When I put in the pictures they were very large and were spaced appropriately, now they've shrunk and the pictures are far apart.. I think Houzz has made further improvements. I wish they would stop doing that!

• kjoy1
    Lovely Ingrid...you have a very warm, inviting, and collected home. Well done:)
    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked kjoy1
  • cat_ky

Its beautiful. Is that a sitting kwan yin statue on your coffee table?

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked cat_ky
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

How strange, now the photographs are large again.

Thank you for the lovely comments. cat-ky, the blanc de chine figure is of the hero of an 18th century Chinese novel 'Dream of the Red Chamber". I was told that it's of very fine quality and I treasure it. I do have a guanyin but it is polychrome and dates to the middle of the 19th century. You can see it below, along with two large 18th century Chinese export bowls and a soapstone figure.

• ilikefriday

Looks fantastic. Love the color. Also love the gold framed artwork.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked ilikefriday
  • cat_ky

Very nice. I had a kwan yin (all one color porclain), and when we moved 28 yrs ago, it got broken beyond repair. I have never replaced it, although, been recently thinking I might.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked cat_ky
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

I so appreciate your nice comments. Just wanted to add, I painted the yellow silk pillow on the right on the settee with gold and blue acrylic paint to "spiff it up".

• autumncolor

Very nice! I especially like your new wall color with your white trim/doors.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked autumncolor
  • IdaClaire

Beautiful and serene. Looks fab with your rug.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked IdaClaire
  • bpath Oh Sophie

Lovely color, and yes it looks wonderful with the rug. Sorry you have to go through the rigmarole of post-flood repairs, though.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked bpath Oh Sophie
  • Olychick

The color does look wonderful with your rug. And I especially like the new art arrangement over the couch. Sometimes less is more.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Olychick
  • cattyles

I love Sea Salt, Ingrid. It looks especially pretty with the light in your house.

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked cattyles
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

I'm so glad you all like Sea Salt in this room. Olychick, I'm sorry but I've gone and cluttered up the arrangement over the couch just now. I'm afraid my taste tends to lean toward the baroque, which I try to control, but it often runs away with me.

bpath, yes, cleanup has been unpleasant and also very expensive since our flood insurance did not cover this event. But, life goes on and we've taken steps to ensure this does not happen again.

I took the birds from the dining table and placed them on either side of the painting over the settee.

• bpath Oh Sophie

The small table of the other side of the door, with a duck (is it a duck? My screen is small). Is that a "Martha Washington table"? With hinged tops on two sides?

• Susan Davis

Sea Salt is such a keeper! You did Great!

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Susan Davis
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Yes, it's a Chinese duck, circa 1910, and I believe that is called a Martha Washington sewing basket and has the hinged tops on each side. It's not a true antique and might be from the 1930's or thereabout, not valuable but I must have thought it was cute at one time.