Software
Houzz Logo Print
sgunness

Need help selecting paint colors for our new house near the beach!

13 years ago
We just bought a new house and it is currently painted all one taupe color. I want to add our own personal touch to it. Since it is up the street from the beach, I was thinking that I would like to use a beach palette. I want the house to feel warm, cozy and inviting but also current and contemporary. I like the cream and blue combination but I also find that the combination can sometimes feel dated so I was thinking that maybe a blue/grey with cream might keep it light and airy and relaxing if I can find the right shade of those colors. We also have a 2 year old. He's been ok with our light colored walls in our current house (Benjamin Moore's Floral White and I really like that color) but it's something I need to keep in mind. Our master bathroom is another room that I would like to paint, but the countertops and tiles are all that brown cream color so was wondering if there are any suggestions that might work other than taupe or cream. Alot of our furniture is brown and cream and most of our home accents are a mix of African and Carribean art. Thanks!

Comments (2)