0
margievank

Random #6, the miracle continues;)

margievank
April 4, 2019

• ladma
    Not a pro, that doesn’t seem to be a working link. Can you post a picture?
  • glschisler
    Hey Margo, I had a salad today too. I am not known for ordering “ rabbit food” at a restaurant. If it comes with the meal , fine. But it was a delicious salad topped with 4 coconut shrimp. Plus I want ahead an ordered a stuffed crab. OH never ate one before, which I found hard to believe. :) It is a beautiful day here on the beach. The crowds of 30,000 for the music festival have left today. Yay! Next is the holiday weekend crowd. They will start arriving on Wed. :/
  • ladma
    Glischer, I always order salad when I go out to lunch! I get real food at dinner. :)
  • Not a Pro

trying again to post pictures of my new porch

margievank thanked Not a Pro
  • glschisler

That is a very attractive and welcoming porch, not a pro. Now don’t forget, if you’re drinking iced tea it’s a porch, if you’re drinking a mint julep, it’s a veranda. :))

• glschisler

Ladma, I guess I don’t like to order salad out because I feel it is an easy item I can fix it home. I only like to make 5 ingredients or less entrees, and salads are right up there! LOL!

• ladma

Not a pro, right now it looks like all your seating is facing out. Do you want a conversation area? Is it a front porch, or a back porch? In my screen porch I have a wicker love seat and 2 rockers, around a coffee table. I can take a picture in the morning. I haven’t got the cushions out for the season yet.

• Not a Pro

ladma, I just threw it together real quick. It is a front porch facing an open field. I would like it to be more conservational. I would love to see your porch!

• margievank

Thanks for posting Not a Pro. You have a great porch!!! Lots to love;)

• marrymaid

Hi all. We are all moved in and still trying to unpack and organize. My body is wondering what type of vehicle ran over it! Lol We were all moved in Friday by 4 and it started raining Saturday. We had sun yesterday and it began pouring again this afternoon with a temp of 46. A few more pieces of furniture and my dining room rug needed to be relinquished to the YD. When we have the basement finished everything down there now will hopefully fit.

OH has us linked to “hot spot” for a few days as the cable for internet, phones and tv was cut by workers widening the road on Monday. We are only able to have internet and it is like the old dial up service. Sooo 4 days being cable less ( many more with all of the rain predicted for the next several days) is hard on the marriage ;)) ugh

Margo, I know you aren’t thrilled with the medication but I am so happy the problem is fixable. Feeling better is most important.

We purchased a new mattress with the hopes of relief from back issues. It will take a bit of getting use too. Also purchased some outdoor furniture for the covered deck. If it warms up a little and stops raining, we might get to use it. Today, we had two bids for the window blinds/ps. Thinking of doing the front with blinds and the back with ps. Meeting next week or the following with a couple of remodelers for basement bids.

I will check in when I can. Everyone take care of yourselves.

margievank thanked marrymaid
  • glschisler

I am so happy for you to be on your new home, Marrymaid! Yes, moving is stressful. But poor weather on top of it doesn’t help with the attitudes :/ hopefully by organizing one room at a time, it will help you feel like an accomplishment has been made. It will be fun to see what the remodelers & window treatments people recommend. Good luck. :)

• ladma

Not a pro, I found a picture from last year, when the porch was pretty. We’ve had a late spring, so we’re waaay behind.

• ladma

Marrymaid, you’ve been busy. Moving is never fun, bummer about the Internet, Mr would go crazy without it, too.

• Not a Pro

ladma, my hero! Your porch is lovely and has inspired me. I've wanted a porch for a long time.

• ladma

The rug is an outdoor rug that I bought thru front gate. We roll it up in the basement for the winter. The porch can get snow filled!

• samoken

Another porch view from a long time lurker of this thread. It’s too cold to be out there now but we are ready for when it warms up.

margievank thanked samoken
  • margievank

Nice porch samoken- thanks for un- lurking;))

• glschisler

Very nice Sam. It looks so inviting.

• Jenn Dinosaur-Mom

We need to have a new deck built (the wood used in construction of our current deck is already starting to decline) before I’m willing to budget for things to put out on it. :p The previous owner evidently didn’t believe in sealing the wood, and we had to go with a really dark stain color just to cover up the bright red she had on it, with no show through.

• marrymaid

Ladma, OH is not doing well and he has me on the edge about ready to jump. Rain again today, so hook up in sight. Thank goodness he can try to organize the garage and the basement. I finally got it together enough to cook tonight. Slowly but surely.

• margievank

Well, I had the scare of my life tonight.

We were sitting in a pub called Bar Louie, and having dinner. They let my dog Zorro come inside as they closed the patio due to the tornado sirens and the storm heading that way. While we were eating I got nauseous, and dizzy and felt so weird like I have never felt before. I dropped my food and told my husband to take me to Urgent care. We went and the storm came too. High winds and heavy rain, sirens blaring. The Urgent care let Zorro in along with other people seeking shelter. I explained myself and they took my vitals, of course the blood pressure was high. The lady doctor gave me and EKG and then suggested I go to the emergency room as they have more equipment to check me out. We took off to home to drop Zorro off.

We went to the ER and lucky they were slow. I got right in. They did everything. IV, blood tests, Chest scan, some enzyme test along with all the other panels. The blood pressure monitor was kept hooked up. It was running high but the doctor told me that is to be expected. We waited for the test results and he said they all were perfect. The last blood pressure reading was 120/72 right before we left.

He believes it was a panic attack. Told me to STOP reading Web MD, lol

When we were walking out of the hospital I felt like it was coming back but I was OK when I got home. He gave me literature on how to work through them if they should re- occur and to schedule an appt. with my doctor for a follow up for blood pressure evaluation and seeing a counselor/therapist for my stress issues.

I guess I will finally go see a therapist.

OY! what a night.

• ladma

Margo, how scary! Panic attacks can be debilitating. Seeing someone to get some stress relieving tools will be helpful. The scary weather you guys are getting doesn’t help, either. Stay safe!

margievank thanked ladma
  • margievank

That crazy weather has passed here and today is sunny and warming up to 86 degrees.

• Ann

Oh man, Margo, I'm sorry! What a night you had!

margievank thanked Ann
  • knicetime

Margo, So sorry to hear about the panic attack. Don’t panic! Lol! Follow the doc’s advice and maybe look into some relaxation types of exercises like the deep breathing that we all talked about up thread....or yoga, tai chi or meditation.

margievank thanked knicetime
  • glschisler

Aaawww Margo, I hope that was your first and last episode.

margievank thanked glschisler
  • margievank

Thanks guys. I have an appt. with my doctor tomorrow to go over all this.

• Tilly Teabag

I’d ask for neurological testing. The best people to read those are neurologists.

margievank thanked Tilly Teabag
  • marrymaid

Margo, just reading about your frightening panic attack. Sounds like you are on the right path to resolve them. I have known people who experience these and a neurological reading was never considered. I think there are many new treatments nowadays. You are in my thoughts. Feel better.

margievank thanked marrymaid
  • marrymaid

This is before we moved. Shutters were added and the post painted. It still seems like we have so much to do. At times things seem overwhelming but we will get there. I miss my old house :(.

margievank thanked marrymaid
  • tgb1

I’m sorry marrymaid that you miss your house. I worry about that so much because we are beginning to think about downsizing.
    Your new home is lovely. I hope you grow to love it...:))

• Ann

I think it's lovely too!

• ladma

Marrymaid, change is hard. I think that might be why we can’t find a downsize. We might be more conflicted than we think. Once you settle in, and have a family dinner, it will feel like home.

• marrymaid

Thank you ladies for the kind words. I apologize for the whining as we are very fortunate to be able to downsize and stay in this location. We went from 3800 sq. ft. to 1700 and it will just take some adjusting on my part. I will get there, just hoping it is sooner than later. Maybe when the lower level is finished things will “feel” better. Being in our 70’s and moving was physically and mentally a little harder than we expected too.
    Ladma, I totally understand your thinking. Just take your time and you will find what you are looking for. I believe the location is very important and room sizes are another consideration, to have the larger rooms where you will be spending the most time. We decided to make the move now while we were both able as we never know what tomorrow might bring. Sending good thoughts that you will find just the “right” place for you.
    Thought you might like to see our lovely shades. Notice the clothes pin clips to raise and lower. You just gotta love it. Lol

• marrymaid

Margo, I hope that you are doing better after seeing your doctor.

margievank thanked marrymaid
  • glschisler

Marrymaid, I understand your feelings. But once you get everything in place, and realize how blessed you were to find this new home, life will be good. We too looked for large living spaces in our homes. Bedrooms, not so much. The reality is just how much STUFF we accumulate through the years and we think we need to hang on to it. As OH always says, “you came into this world with nothing and you can’t take it with you. You don’t see a trailer behind the casket.” :) Life is about the good times with family and friends. :) Your new home looks lovely & location is everything.

• glschisler

Do you all have plans this weekend for the holiday? We made a beef roast in the crockpot yesterday, so tonight we will take bbq beef sliders to happy hour. Tomywe will grill hot dogs and hamburgers with the neighbors. Monday afternoon our friends from KY will stop & stay with us until Wednesday. Yay! Have a wonderful holiday weekend y’all!

• margievank

Morning guys.

After an anxious day yesterday, I went to the doctor at 4. He adjusted the meds and gave me a non dependent anxiety pill to take as needed. He gave me a list of therapists to choose from to call. He reassured me that I did the right thing by going to the ER and confirmed that all my tests were good. My blood pressure readings have been on the low side now at home. He took away the lisinopril with the water pill and just prescribed the 10mg lisinopril. I see him at the end of next month. He said he will monitor and maybe I do not even need the lisinopril but he said something about it actually being not bad to take as it is good for the kidneys?? I would have asked more about that but did not want to. I just liked what I heard lol lol.

Yesterday morning I woke up to quite a mess. We must have had a lot of rain overnight as the driveway right in front of my garage was all muddy and debris that came from my neighbors yard;( washed into our yard. I spent a few hours shoveling up mulch and branches. You could see the path that the flooding took. It washed over our yard and back into the creek on the other side of the bridge where the water should have gone through. This guy leaves piles of mulch, etc, in his yard. I need a WALL!!!!!! and I WILL pay for it!!!!

Marrymaid- what I could see out of your windows, you have such beautiful green grass at this house too!! I am soooo jealous. I am thinking that after some time you will be saying that the move was really a good thing. I think 1700 sq. feet is great, especially with only 2 people. Mine is only about 1500 and I find it rather comfortable. The more you make it your own will help too;)

Linda sounds like you are having a busy week.

We are taking a a road trip to Lake Geneva Wisconsin. I have had it on my radar for some time. I need to get away.

We just got reassessed in our taxes, OY, they always had us assessed pretty low. Less that what I paid for it. They raised the assessment $110,000. Maybe I should not have remodeled the outside lol lol. They have never come inside. I am going to call a real estate agent to come over and see what they think my house would sell for. Maybe I need a new project?

• Ann

Marrymaid. Do you have 1700 on the main floor and will be finishing a lower level? How much will that add? I'm thinking that will make a big difference. Our main floor is just a tad bigger than yours and it's plenty. We have a good sized basement too, but I rarely even go downstairs. My husband spends lots of time down there as his office and the big TV room are down there. It's a nice walk out basement, but I just have all I need on the main floor, so I never use it.

Margo, it can take a bit of time "adjusting" a new medication, but it sounds like your doc will do a good job and get it right. It's good new the tests came back fine.

Ugggh, to the big mess from too much rain. We had the most dreadful week of weather including some significant snow and so much rain. I finally woke up this morning to bright sun and a nice day. We typically have so much sun in CO that it's weird when we go a week with little to no sun..

I hope you have a great trip, Margo!

Our taxes are going up quite a bit too. Not looking forward to that.

No big plans for my weekend. Some golf and maybe a family get together on Monday as one of my children is thinking of having everyone over. Not sure yet.

margievank thanked Ann
  • marrymaid

Ann and Margo, I know you are right about the 1700 sq.ft. I just need to wrap my head around the tighter quarters and less kitchen storage as we left about 2100 sq.ft. on our main level. I will get there.

Ann, we are adding roughly 1000 sq.ft. in the lower level, another bedroom with bath and the rest will be tv area, bar and 1/2 bath. OH does spend time down there and he is in a monthly poker group that he hosts twice a year. The Littles will be spending time down there too as our big yard and pool are no longer.

Margo, I think that doctor visit brought some good news. As Ann mentioned, all medication has an adjustment period. Sometimes it is just trial and error. If you can “calm” yourself, I think you will notice a nice improvement.

Ugh, to the neighbors creating a mess for you. I think that you should build that wall;))

Well, the good news is our taxes went down here at the villa. We did protest our assessment one year at the other place and got it slightly lowered.

Margo, enjoy your getaway. It is beautiful there and just what the doctor ordered.

No plans for the weekend here. We just aren’t ready to party quite yet and we are suppose to have rain. We have had 2 days of sun which was great.

margievank thanked marrymaid
  • margievank

My pictures are posting... Here is the Hibiscus and the painted Adirondack chairs;)

• margievank

I also put in a new fan on the patio. The old one the light worked but not the fan.

• glschisler

Wonderful pictures Margo! Geneva WI will be fun. Enjoy your get away. The debris is a bite :/ Do you want a high wall or an 18 inch inch wall?

margievank thanked glschisler
  • Depo

Margo, your patio cover is absolutely gorgeous! It's tempting to see what your home is worth, but wouldn't you miss it if you were to sell? Of course, you would turn a new house into a showplace in no time!

margievank thanked Depo
  • Ann

Margo, your outdoor space is so pretty and inviting!

margievank thanked Ann
  • margievank

Thanks everyone.

Linda- I was thinking of just a 2-3 foot wall, just enough to keep out the debris and the fall leaves from the neighbors side.

Depo- that is what I would like to find out, what a realtor feels it would realistically sell for.

I don't know if I would miss it, but I do know that I enjoy moving. Crazy huh, it is the gypsy in me;) I think I would like to find a fixer upper to work on til my husband retires. Then figure out where to go from there. I thought that 14 years ago when we bought this house. I thought we would only be here 2 years ,,,,, where did the time go???

• Tilly Teabag

Doing up the front of the house can raise the local taxes valuation here, too, Margo, that’s why I’ve put off doing it until later, except for a coat of paint.

• marrymaid

Good Morning!

Margo, I couldn’t see the outside pic until this morning. You have done a spectacular job out there, not surprised. It would be so relaxing and enjoyable just to sit there.

Safe travels.

• Ann

Gardening day for me. Not much happening yet as we've had so much cold and snow so late this year, but 2 cool close ups.

The first is a viburnum that I especially love at this time of year, so very appropriately named "Red Feather". The second is one of the three new coral bells I added last year. This one also appropriately named "Mahogany" (I love its foliage color!).

• glschisler

Very pretty Ann.