0
lisa_adams3049647

Here’s what’s been blooming lately

Lisa Adams

Many of my roses are putting on a super show, due to maturity and the wonderful rain we received. I’m going to post pictures in the comments, and I’ll add more pictures in the coming days. I have so many to share! Lisa

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Lisa, your roses are the bomb! Just unbelievably beautiful. Happy Mother's Day wishes to you and your mom.

Lisa Adams thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • Lisa Adams

Thanks so much again, everyone! Happy Mother’s Day to ALL mommies, of children and fur babies alike.

Sarah Ann; yes, my Violet’s Pride is fragrant. She’s not overly fragrant to my nose, though. She’s nowhere near as fragrant as some of the other roses in my garden, but definitely fragrant.

I didn’t take pictures of the bouquets themselves, but my son did take pictures of me with my parents standing out front. My mom is holding her bouquet. Lisa

Oh! I see that he DID take a picture of the vase my mom is holding. He must have taken it when they were in the car, ready to leave. Lisa

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

What a huge and amazing bouquet. I love all the luscious soft colors, set off by the orlaya. I know your mom loved it. Plus, what a cute photo of all of you. Diane

Lisa Adams thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • Lisa Adams

Thanks, Diane. Can you believe I used Sweet Mademoiselle in that bouquet, along with Moonlight Romantica, and Princess Charlene? My Sweet Mademoiselle suddenly turned a much lighter, nicer, coral pink. I can’t believe it! Lol Lisa

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    Love the picture with your mom. She is so cute just peeking over her bouquet. Lovely peaches and soft yellows.
    Lisa Adams thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • sara_ann-z6bok

Thanks Lisa! Beautiful bouquet!

Lisa Adams thanked sara_ann-z6bok
  • Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca

Your photos are just so gorgeous Lisa !! It makes me even more excited to see in person. Did you find the fragrant tobacco locally or from Annie ?

Where do you prefer to get your own root roses from ?

I have 1000 questions I’ll save for later ! Lol

your roses are gorgeous!!

• KarenPA_6b

Wow, Lisa! Your roses and particularly your arrangements are spectacular! I so enjoy looking over the pics of your roses. They must smell so good! Your parents look so happy and proud with their bouquets. Thanks for sharing your joy of giving!

Lisa Adams thanked KarenPA_6b
  • Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

Such beautiful bouquets Lisa! And your parents are adorable. What a sweet daughter you are!! :-)

Lisa Adams thanked Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

That bouquet is breath-taking, Lisa, and the pictures of lovely you with your parents are heart-warming. Thank you for sharing these with us.

• Lisa Adams

Thank you, all so much. We had a good time together. My mom has since reported that the ‘Moonlight Romantica’ blooms are dropping petals, but the other two look fresh as the day cut. I may have only had already open blooms of Moonlight Romantica available, because they’ve lasted ok at my house.

I think I should add a picture of Boule de Neige, since it’s still blooming so beautifully. Lisa

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

So luscious to look at, Lisa. Boule de Neige is on a roll of beauty, and she is really set off by those Lauren's Dark Grape poppies. I've got poppies coming up everywhere, too, but they're not blooming yet. They are so dependable--too dependable cause I have to thin them a lot. Or else the nutty gardener throws out too much seed (me). Thanks for my morning dose of gorgeous. Diane

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

In love with Mel's Heritage, Boule de Neige, & the kitties! ♡♡

My tiny Mel's H put out its first tiny bloom. So.. not as pretty as yours lol.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Oh my, these three additional photos are so very lovely. The deep purple poppies are the most perfect companions to BdN that I can imagine.

• Marlorena-z8 England-

Love all your photos Lisa, especially those with your parents... they look like such a nice couple too... and your garden is full of the kind of carefree beauty not often seen..

• sara_ann-z6bok

So gorgeous, I can’t even find the words! Your yard must look like one huge, beautiful bouquet!

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    Lisa, After seeing your pictures of Boule de Neige, I think this large bed of white roses at Descanso with a stake that says ‘Maidens Blush’ is actually Boule de Neige. They are really beautiful! Does this look like yours?
  • Lisa Adams

It does look very much like my Boule de Neige! Nice full bush picture!

I cut the last few blooms between rain showers this afternoon. I should have done so yesterday, but yesterday just wasn’t my day. I really am loving the pristine white blooms! Lisa

• Lisa Adams

The more I look at your pictures, the more I think you’re correct. It’s a dead ringer for Boule de Neige. Good eye, Stephanie! Lisa

• Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    Yes it is a beautiful rose and I love the effect of all the pink buds with their fancy sepals.
  • Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    Here is another pic showing off a lovely green eye and many fancy buds.
  • Lisa Adams

Definitely Boule de Neige! I saw those very same little bumps on my buds, and tried to rub them off, thinking they might be aphids! I didn’t have my glasses on. Lol. Those fancy sepals are exactly like mine, as well. The foliage is delicate and a soft, light green, as well. I’m in love with it, now that it’s blooming. I just hope it’s going to repeat for me! Lisa

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR

Spectacular, Lisa.

Lisa Adams thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    Holly Molly, Lisa. Mel's is BEAUTIFUL. No words....wow !!!
    Is that one of several Mel's ? I have never ask you that question. You need to put all those pics on HMF.

jin
  • Lisa Adams

It’s just one! He would grow on forever if I let him, which I kind of did this year. I only trimmed off a few wayward canes. Imagine if I had planted several! Lisa

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    Lisa, you will never, Never , ever ran out of bouquets of roses. How do you even deadhead them ??
    I hope they are self cleaning if not I can imagine the tons of work store for you .
    jin
    Lisa Adams thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • K S 8b Seattle

Wow, Lisa -- that Mel's Heritage is amazing!

Lisa Adams thanked K S 8b Seattle
  • Lisa Adams

I took someone’s advice (Jeri?) and took a broom and later a blasting hose to the blooms that didn’t fall away on their own. It worked perfectly! No way I could deadhead all those! As you can see in the second picture, I already need to deadhead some of the Love Song and Alnwick blooms. It’s been wet for the past 2 days (YAY), and I’ve been so distracted with this Millie thing. I just managed to step out this morning and enjoy the blooms.

I need to take another picture of Baronne Prevost today. She’s been blooming like crazy. She’s still loaded, even though I cut quite a few for indoors. It’s her best year ever. I might as well do it now, lest I forget later.

Baronne Prevost

Mingling with Violet’s Pride

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Wowowowowowow! By gosh, I've run out of words. Nevertheless, beyond gorgeous, Lisa. Diane

Lisa Adams thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • Lisa Adams

Thanks so much, Diane! Here’s Evelyn today. She apparently had a cane broken overnight during our wind and rain.

See the grass loaded with seeds in the middle of Mel’s Heritage? They’re so difficult to reach, but they’re driving me nuts. Lisa

Pomponella

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Ohoh, More wowowowow. These are just stunning photos, Lisa, and I love so much the orelia (?) with Pomponella. I ended up sowing ammi seeds--don't know why I forgot orelia. Boy, the dara seeds are germinating. I gathered a ton of those seeds last season, and I think I overdid the sowing. I hope your day and Millie's day are going well, and she continues to improve. She's got a real internet cheering squad. Diane

Lisa Adams thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • KarenPA_6b

Wow Lisa! Your roses are magnificent! I am green with envy! :) Just kidding!

Love your pics and the wall of roses. It must smell heavenly! There are so many great rose growers on this forum and you are among the best.

Lisa Adams thanked KarenPA_6b
  • HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    Wow that Mel's heritage is incredible! Such a beautiful backdrop for everything. It would take every rose in my garden combined to see that many blooms!

Your Evelyn is gorgeous, sorry it got damaged. I was very excited to see your Pomponella. I just got this one this week, about to plant it out. I'm sure yours will always be a lot larger than mine, but am excited to see how it grows!
    Lisa Adams thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Well, this makes it clear that I need to plant Mel's Heritage. I won't cage it and will have a large arrow pointing to it so that the squirrels will know it's their meal ticket. They'll leave my other roses alone and Mel's Heritage will grow so fast that they won't ever be able to eat it all.

Lisa, it's all so a BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• totoro z7b Md

Gorgeous! Especially pompanella. Wish I could grow large roses.

Lisa Adams thanked totoro z7b Md
  • Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal

Lisa, when things calm down definitely post your Mel’s Heritage to HMF. It is spectacular!!! Sending healing and love to Millie.
    Ingrid, the squirrels eat your roses too?! I thought just bunnies, gophers and bugs ate roses. Hope the squirrels here don’t get a taste for mine.

• Lisa Adams

That might actually be true, Ingrid. Lol. I did some deadheading on ‘The Faun’, yesterday. I cut some wayward canes of Mel’s Heritage off of poor ‘The Faun’. The Fauns blooms are a little beaten up from all the rain, but I couldn’t resist cutting a few for the house.

It’s stems are short, so it makes a nice low arrangement. Lisa

• mmmm12COzone5

Mine will never look like these but I am really enjoying the pictures! Beautiful to see how nicely the different types of flowers compliment each other.

Lisa Adams thanked mmmm12COzone5
  • nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Lisa, that's a luscious and lovely bouquet. I love the orlaya setting the blooms off so nicely. I could kick myself for not getting some orlaya seed--it was way more expensive than ammi, which is taller and looks a lot like Queen Anne's lace. You compose these marvelous bouquets so effortlessly--what a talent. Diane

Lisa Adams thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • KarenPA_6b

Gorgeous arrangement! Totally agree with Diane. Lisa, you made it look so effortless and yet I know it is not.

Totoro, you and I will never get these large specimens growing roses in the mid-Atlantic. We will have to move to CA or south to get these spectacular tall bushes.

Lisa Adams thanked KarenPA_6b
  • Lisa Adams

Thanks for your compliments. Honestly, that arrangement WAS effortless. I did it outside as I deadheaded.

Golden Buddha and partner, clematis ‘Franziska Marie’ are looking too nice not to share today.

I just love all the dark to light color progressions Golden Buddha’s blooms go through.

Felicia is really blooming well.

A little spotty from the rain, but still pretty.

Felicia’s blooms have a special sheen to them, impossible to capture with my phone camera.

Carding Mill

A nice new cane coming up in the middle of Carding Mill.

Lisa

• Krista_5NY

Your Felicia looks wonderful, very nice photos!

Lisa Adams thanked Krista_5NY
  • nanadollZ7 SWIdaho

Lisa, there is nothing to compare with the color combination of Golden Buddha and the stunning clematis, Franziska Marie. You really know how to put colors together in both plantings and bouquets. Felicia is so lovely, and I like the subtle color variations she shows in the second photo. Diane

Lisa Adams thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • Sylvia Wendel

I miss Carding Mill.Wonderful rose with terrific fragrance.

Lisa Adams thanked Sylvia Wendel
  • K S 8b Seattle

Oh wow, Lisa, your Felicia is amazing!

Lisa Adams thanked K S 8b Seattle
  • Lisa Adams

Thanks so much! Even though this drizzle has marred some blooms, the cool temps are making my spring flush last longer than it ever has.

Marchesa Boccella

Cornellia, who totally broke free of her umbrella trellis is in full bloom. I need to do something about that drunken looking thing. Lisa

• Lisa Adams

Sorry, it wouldn’t upload that photo. Let me take another.

It’s not working. Sorry, I’ll try again later.

Jenna (Lilyfinch), is coming today with Lucia. We’re heading to Green Thumb Nursery, and then she so kindly offered to her me in the garden. There’s lots of deadheading and planting to be done. I hope the weather cooperates. It’s drizzling and 55F. Crazy! Lisa

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

That sounds like so much fun! I envy your weather right now. Its both hot and humid here today. I went out to water this morning but couldn't finish. I felt like I would pass out from the heat :/

Everything looks fabulous in your garden!

Lisa Adams thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)
  • ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Everything looks wonderful, Lisa, and your Felicia is outstanding. I'm not sure I've ever seen one that large and wide anywhere. I'm glad your spring flush is continuing. Mine is over and the garden looks so bare. Hopefully there will be a growth spurt when the weather is warmer. I cannot believe it's 55 degrees here in the daytime, in May!