Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
revyred

Help with fenced grill area

RevyRed
5 years ago

I have a very ackward condo area. Please help with ideas for the left fenced grill area! I'm wanting a bistro area but the whole thing is getting to cluttered.

Comments (18)

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

I would agree that it is far too cluttered and with too divergent a selection of 'stuff' :-) You need to clear things out and simplify. And choose containers or other objects that relate to each other.

The left side area is not very clear as to what is there but it doesn't look like there is nearly enough room to include a bistro set.

And where did you intend the fencing to go?

• RevyRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    garden gal what are your ideas of clearing out & what pots are you thinking? The fence is the black area to the left.
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

I don't know how to answer that for you :-) It has to be a personal decision in large part. It is just that the entire view from where the photo was take presents a very hodgepodge collection of stuff that doesn't coordinate well and just looks cluttered and junky. Part of it may be due to how it is organized and staged.

Briefly, it is just too much stuff crammed into too little space.

• RevyRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Well that wasn't very helpful garden gal....ugh...lol. Maybe pic will help others?

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

The first two of these latest photos present a much more intended and cohesive arrangement. Although there is still a lot of stuff piled in the right hand corner that makes it look a bit messy and cluttered. And it may present a very dfferent appearance when the pots are filled, as well.

It is just too busy for my tastes....sorry :-)

• RevyRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I agree with the right hand corner but wait till you see the GIGANTIC stand out white window air conditioner going in in the upper right hand corner. And most of that stuff is going its just there to figure out what works & what doesn't.

Ugh I didnt want it to looked cluttered! Just have to work with it more.
  • RevyRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks for your input though.
  • callirhoe123
    5 years ago

Everyone's eye is different but if it were mine I would first do something about the orange mulch which is too dominant. Can that area be paved to increase the patio size? If not, can use a darker mulch to help it blend? I would get rid of the bird statues...not the right place for that kind of thing. Better in a big bed of flowers:) If the right back can be screened off...big improvement.

RevyRed thanked callirhoe123
  • kitasei
    5 years ago

Could you afford to have an outdoor grill built out of same brick as the house? From the front it would look like a low wall all the way across and maybe two or even three sides. It will include storage and hide the chairs.

• kitasei
    5 years ago

If this is a condo you must have to harmonize with rest of units don’t you? What do they do?

• RevyRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you all for your ideas.

Callirhoe I was worried about using dark mulch because there's so much black now. As for the bird I'm kinda leaning your way on that.
  • RevyRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    kitasei, yes this is a place you have rules. I'm the first to be able to put up a pergola just because of western sun & being a end unit I had the room. So I'm unable to do anything permanent. The cement patio you think you see is actually a ground level trex board grey deck board. it's a 55 an old complex.
  • PRO
    Yardvaark
    5 years ago

Before I enlarged the picture, I thought it was a yard sale. Do not add anything more that sets!!!

For a bistro set, you'll need to extend the concrete slab to the left side of the walk.

• RevyRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    dig Doug I like your thinking but I think it would be alitte over powering for my area. I limited to what I can do because of the condo rules. I didnt mean for it to get this elaborate that I have already...lol. I've made a pretty good stir here already.
  • RevyRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Yardvaark...OUCH!
  • RevyRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    It's a condo community so I cant pant or do anything permanent.
  • PRO
    Yardvaark
    5 years ago

@RevyRed .... sorry.