Software
Houzz Logo Print
jdavid10

What would u put on this wall?

13 years ago
Hello! We recently purchased our home and its coming along thanks to many of you. What would you put on this wall? Seems so empty. I was thinking maybe family photos? I just want it to look tasteful though. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Oh and the wall where the lamp is, iplan to put 2 floating shelves and some decorative accessories. Thx!!!

Comments (172)

  • 13 years ago
    yay!!!!!! thank you thank you thank you! ordering it now!
  • 13 years ago
    ok Terrace just ordered it! thank you again. I am very happy! Again, I LOVE your painting and I cant wait to get it.

    Do you still think I should get that metal piece for the other wall now? maybe I should wait till the horse comes
    oh and Terrace do you have any thoughts about my other post about the bedroom wall?

    THANK YOU!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Wait for the horse....then post pics so we can help you determine the right metal piece for that wall...it will look best if it is a vertical presentation like the horse....I am delighted I could make you HAPPY!! Not every piece I have will work for their ltd time promo's but I was so excited when I realized that this horse would work!

    As far as your bedroom goes...you can look over my portfolio and let me know if you like something and what size and I can see if I can do a Limited Time Promotion on it (not every piece will work). But I will see!!

    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-sharon-cummings.html?tab=artworkgalleries
  • 13 years ago
    ok will do. Thanks again. I do appreciate it. I called my husband at work right away and he said "great! get it!"
    As soon as I get it I will post pic

    will let you know if I see anything for bedroom
  • 13 years ago
    Sharon, I meant to ask you, what was your inspiration behind the horse pic and why the title "waiting"?
    would just like to know as I am sure it will be a conversation piece. thanks!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The horse's name is Judge and he is an amazing animal.......my parents have been rescuing horses for as long as I can remember.....Judge is special....he was abandoned in a field, starved and "waiting" for love to rescue him.......hence the title. The wait was worth it for him because he is so healthy now!! Judge now belongs to my little sister and he is happy as can be. :)
  • 13 years ago
    awwww thank you. what a great story. He actually reminds me of the first horse I ever rode, "Patch"
  • 13 years ago
    Terracegallery: that brought a tear to my eye. Please hug your parents for me :-)

    jdavid10: I'm so glad you went for that beautiful picture of Judge. He'll be part of your family too now. Lovely!

    (we have horses too)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I love them so.....my parents and the horses too....if you look through my portfolio you will see A LOT of animals....I've got a thing for them...we rescue Great Danes (I dont have property large enough for horses...though people say our dogs are as large...LOL) Judge will make your room a "wow" and people will notice him...you will be very happy. :)
  • 13 years ago
    thank you Carolins. Yes, I am happy too and I am glad I was able to go for it! Terrace thank you again. and yes, he will definitely be a conversation piece. I was tempted to call him Patch but Judge is more fitting ;-)
  • 13 years ago
    I love a "wow" factor plus cozy and comfortable!!!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You are more than welcome! Cant wait to see all your finished rooms. :)
  • 13 years ago
    thanks! I've got a long way to go but little by little!
  • 13 years ago
    oh and Carolins, I decided to nix the shelf. Think I will leave it blank
  • 13 years ago
    hmm... wise move. Perhaps later, if you feel the need to add something, But I wasn't so sure about it either.
    Can't wait to see the pic of Judge on your wall.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank. Carolins. I will post as soon as it comes. Good news is that my best friend will take the current horse painting off of my hands. Happy it's going to a good home.
  • 13 years ago
    Look for something 3d and modern
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    If you always like horses, i have a brown one with black mane for going with colors of your tv and your couch !!
  • 13 years ago
    It's here!!!!!!
    What do you think? Is it too high? I love it?
  • 13 years ago
    Sorry the lighting is bad
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Yeah!!!! I love it where the lighting is brighter. :) It's hard to take pictures of artwork in general and especially indoors! I think I would lower it just a bit to be more in line with the door openings...the visual line across (not the point at the top).
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Try it where the black line is....
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    And I just have to say this is the coolest thing....that this process led to my art on your wall...that I get to "see" it's new home....thank you so much....I am really happy. :)
  • 13 years ago
    Aww Sharon thank you! I really appreciate ur time, patience, and help! This painting is so special! Thank you!!!

    I lowered it, better?
  • 13 years ago
    Oh and please ignore my husbands weights on the floor!
    We both really love this. I am so glad we got it
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Yes better! ha ha on the weights....my hubby has some in our living room at times too. ;).............now you just have to balance it with something on the other wall. :)
  • 13 years ago
    Ok what do u suggest? U still like the metal piece from bed bath and beyond?
  • 13 years ago
    Scroll up, I posted the link earlier in the discussion .
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I scrolled...I couldnt find it...can you post the link again?
  • 13 years ago
    Yup that's it. What do ya think?
  • 13 years ago
    Sharon is it possible for u to photoshop it in the pic for me?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I can photoshop it...can you post a single larger picture showing both walls with Judge on the wall?
  • 13 years ago
    Great thanks! Let me try. It's hard because the living room is small and I was standing as far back as possible
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The picture you posted is very small....this is the best I could do.
  • 13 years ago
    Ok is this better?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I think it is too heavy.
  • 13 years ago
    For some reason it doesn't let me post bigger pics on my ipad. Wow! Thank u! U like?
  • 13 years ago
    Lol cross posting. Yes I think so too
  • 13 years ago
    It needs to be balanced though
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I cannot find a price on this one...nor do I assume you will like it, but something with less density like this one would work better IMO

    http://www.hahoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Autumn-Bunch-metal-wall-art.jpg
  • 13 years ago
    Yes ur right. I agree. Maybe I should start a new thread and maybe get more ideas from the community. Just so happy that I finally have judge!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    That is a good idea....a new thread....I keep looking but every time I find something I like, I cannot find how to buy it...grrrrr
  • 13 years ago
    Lol. Ok starting new thread...
  • 13 years ago
    Absolutely love Judge on your wall. I can imagine that it is wonderful for you to see your artwork there Terracegallery.
    The metal art piece is far too large and heavy, so a big NO from me ;-) New thread is good idea.
  • 13 years ago
    started a new threat carolins. check it out. what do you think of the metal words Terrace posted?
  • 13 years ago
    Been there already :-) Like the idea!
  • 13 years ago
    I took a throw and I framed it.
  • 13 years ago
    Sylvia thats a pretty cool idea!